Norcal members, urgent action needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got some sad news the other day that Sacramento Raceway is being forced to shut down and sell the dragstrip. It's a lot of political BS and I am still researching the facts but it looks like it's the usual urban sprawl and money into the pockets of gov't officials from developers and the track is in the way for their master plan expansion of more houses being built..

I'll save my pissed off rant but please sign the petition and share it as much as possible so we don't lose another drag strip and local one at that.

I have contacted SAN and my connections to the big wigs in the state capital, and other assemblymen to help bring attention and someone with clout to the table in support of saving the track.

Local news artical
After Nearly 5 Decades, Sacramento Raceway May Be On Its Final Lap « CBS Sacramento

Petition
SAVE SACRAMENTO RACEWAY PARK PETITION | Nor Cal Drag Racing

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live just a few miles from there. I used to race there all the time. Have been too busy to race lately but planned on going back this is terrible news.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Signed. They closed my local drag strip this year. The city decided it needed the land for houses... My grandpa raced at ours in the 1950s. It held tons of big NHRA events over the years. It's pretty sad. We lost one of our dirt tracks a few years ago, and the other one is a hold out and says it won't sell.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess they'd rather have people street racing again smh

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Signed. We're nearly neighbors. Live near wood creek and pleasant grove.