Ohio help on new lift rims and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
After breaking 3 cv axles with my hbs 2.5 leveling kit I have decided to do it right. Here's what I'm thinking so far

22" fuel nutz
37" nitto trail grapplers
6" lift fab tech or pro comp

I was quoted 1500 on rims, 2200 on tires, and 3200 with lift installed. I wanted to go rcx but the local shop says that they have had issues with them and don't sell or install. I have read good reviews and its 1000.00 cheaper to help offset some costs.

What's everyone's opinions on these prices and setup. Does anyone know another shop or person who can install lifts?

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pent
I live in N.E Ohio and I'm facing the same issues. It seems like nobody around here installs lifts, and when they do, it costs way more than what I'm willing to pay. I used to be a mechanic for my local dealership for quite a few years and I'm not worried about tackling this myself, it's just finding the freaken time. Stop at your local dealerships, and start asking all the mechanics personally if they know anybody, or they themselves have installed one. You'll find somebody. I know D and S Automotive does a lot of good work in my erea, however after getting a few estimates for some things I've come to the conclusion to not even stop and ask how much they would charge me.
RCX isn't a bad lift at all. If your searching the net for positives and negatives on anything, that's exactly what your going to find. After a search on here, I'd run RCX anytime. I'd go with superlift myself just because that's what the factory puts on them.
The wheels and the tires look like a nice combo.
Really sucks were willing to do this to our rides knowing damn well we will never even get half this money back out of it. Oh well...... Back to searching for more mods.... He he!

OP
OP
T

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
Thanks guys

whats thoughts on running 37's with stock gearing? is there a cheap way to get speedo recalibrated?

moparmorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys

whats thoughts on running 37's with stock gearing? is there a cheap way to get speedo recalibrated?

What gear ratio you got? I've got an rcx 6" lift with 35's. Lift is great. I installed it myself in a day and have had no issues. I've got 3.55 gears and I want to go with 37's so bad but there is no way I will until I change my gears. The 35's took away some bottom power end and it wants to downshift more goin up hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
What gear ratio you got? I've got an rcx 6" lift with 35's. Lift is great. I installed it myself in a day and have had no issues. I've got 3.55 gears and I want to go with 37's so bad but there is no way I will until I change my gears. The 35's took away some bottom power end and it wants to downshift more goin up hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock gearing, really not sure. Do you have some pics of your setup?

Steamboat87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 37" mud Grapplers on a 22" wheel. 3.55 gears. Just wait. It's sweet and fun, but man do I miss the power. Plus the 22" wheel/tire combo is HEAVY. Makes it feel like you are pulling a trailer honeslty, especially when braking. If I could do it again id go for a 20" or maybe 18" wheel. A tad lighter. How much does re-gearing cost anyway?

Austin Steenport

OP
OP
T

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
I can't decide on 35's or 37's....I'm not going to regear the truck. I plan on 3" body lift in a year or so and don't want the 35s to look small. I plan on going 22" rims, would going from a 22" rim to a 20" make that big of a diff?

So it's either 22" on 35's, 22" on 37's, or 20" on 37's. Really like the 22" look

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All extremes in Madison and ti dyno in ashtabula.