Texas RAM Owners - DMV, Cops, & Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey y'all,

Might be movin' to DFW from AZ - we have pretty liberal tint laws here. What have your experiences been with heavy front driver/passenger tint and TX registration/law enforcement?

Any issues registering?

Fix it tickets?

General probable cause harassment?

I can get the TX medical exemption form filled out if absolutely necessary but it's one more thing to worry about in an already stressful move.

Much obliged.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Depends on the inspection station you go to if you are going to stay long enough to have to get plates. Also depends on the individual cop. Some will leave you alone unless they stop you for something else, then they might hassle you about your tint(some carry some sort of tester to check the %. Others, if their bored or don't have anything better to do might just stop you for your tint if it's really dark. Kinda the luck of the draw----If you have a real concern, check the Texas law on the computer then check your % before you even get here. Might save you some time and money to begin with. You can always tell them you just moved here from AZ and because it gets so hot there you had to get darker tint---they may work---or not???? If you have an attitude that they are just going to harrass you then you might have some problems with LE in general here in Texas--IMHO
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, Jay.

I guess I'll need to get the medical exemption certificate. :(

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That may be the easiest way to take care of any problems.
Jay

OP
OP
A

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah.

It's one of those answers that I kind of knew but hoped I was wrong.

Got spoiled by NV & AZ, I suppose. :)