Virginia beach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys, Got the word yesterday that I'm being transferred from ketchikan alaska to virginia beach. Never been to va. Other than passing through on road trips. And got pulled over both times for speeding. But. I know nothing about the state. So if any one from that area could shed some light on stuff. Any thing from fishing, and four wheeling to gun laws. Any info helps. Again. I'm coming from Ak. Where everything is legal.

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
Hi. I own a home in Norfolk, maybe 9 miles down the road from VA beach. The fishing is awesome nearly year around, I do a lot of kayak fishing myself around the bridge tunnels. Traffic can get pretty bad in the area, but at least you won’t be near the HRBT, (not that 264 near Oceana is much better). Speeding wise, just stay with the flow of traffic and your good, I tend to only get citations for window tint and lane changes. VA is a commonwealth of course so gun laws are a little diff than you are used to. Chesapeake has some really good places for off-roading and atv's, just stay out of the construction zones.

Knotts89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If im not mistaken cutouts are illegal in va. Just a heads up. Gun laws aren't horrible. 21 and over can conceal carry with a permit. Different counties have different rules on how to get the permit. With the permit u still can not carry in schools, court houses, anytime your drinking, or any place of worship. There may be a few more that I'm missing. But welcome to va hope you enjoy.