Peattie's Ram Runner Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went in today to buy my front coils. King has a 2-3 week wait time for custom built coils.

Now I need to start buying other parts. Mid may is when installation should be.

OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And heres one of the race trucks that the shop has. They're rebuilding some things for a race in a couple weeks

IMG_3270_zpsdaa7d9bf.jpg

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like your moving along pretty good. And from that race truck it looks like they know what they are doing

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Why isn't this done yet, lol? I can't wait to see this build.

OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why isn't this done yet, lol? I can't wait to see this build.

took a bit longer than expected to sell my car lol

My budget has changed so Im not able to afford method nv's that I planned to. Im going to get a set of steel style wheels on tire rack.

Only the front suspension is getting done, they still need to call king about making a custom spring for the rear. And it looks like it'll be longer than expected. Since Kore is being a bunch of bums and won't sell their coils separately. :flipthebird:

This is a project so it won't be done overnight, but Im hoping to get this done over summer.

as of now mid may Ill have the front suspension on and wheels and tires, Ill know more about the rear setup when king can make the springs.

OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"couldn't we get away with a moderate shock and sticker package?" Man that made me cringe at the thought...:thumbsdown:

Yeah, dodge had the chance to make a great truck but didn't fully commit to it. Which is unfortunate. Had the ram runner been a production truck and had the same features as the raptor for the same price, it would have done great. IMO.

OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the front valence that ill be doing

IMG_3290_zps94fa7576.jpg

And here are pictures of a 3rd gen that was in the shop. (the shops pictures not mine)

IMG_3288_zps501129c3.jpg

IMG_3289_zps72ae1a41.jpg

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
This is going to be an awesome build! I can't wait to see how this progresses, keep us updated with tons of information and pictures

OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll try and update this as much as possible, but for now we just play the waiting game.

As it sits now, king take 2-3 weeks. When the coils come in I have to drop my tuck off for a couple days so they can't break everything down and get measurements. Then it'll take about a month to design everything on CAD, get it cut and welded together. And then it'll get installed.

I will probably be ordering wheels this week, and deciding what tires to go with.

I still need to buy a tuner if a vendor wants to help a guy out, cough bullys cough cough. lol

BigMikeyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 4x4 Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good luck on the build.

So you are doing the fenders and just the front suspension not the rear suspension yet? Then it's going to sit around until you do the rear suspension or do you plan on trying to drive it with the front in the air and the rear lower (although probably not too much)

Question if I wanted my truck's full suspension how much would a place like that charge. Just thinking out loud kore/pureperformance have already done it what's the R&D needed for? Should be able to steal the dimensions of the web and cut them out unless they believe that the other set up's are that much different. make a few changes here and there just from experience and maybe it's better maybe not? it's a untested one off. 1 month in a shop seems more expensive than 10k and that's just time. I only mention this due to past experience with "good" shops that say one thing and do another.

I wish you the best and hope you end up with a great product that they stand behind.

OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I was only going to do the front. I didn't want it sitting high so the shop said they can just adjust the front so it'll see more level.

However, my friend is giving me the opportunity to make a good chunk of change on building him a bmw like the one I sold to fund this build. So this will be put on hold and Ill have enough to order everything at once.

Sorry to disappoint everyone looking forward to this build, but Id rather make some money to complete the kit. :waytogo:

On a side note, I did order a magnaflow exhaust from got exhaust and Im looking forward to putting that on.

OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have big news about the build. Should know more in the next week. So stayed tuned :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got my magnaflow exhaust installed and a diablo trinity. Really wakes the truck up. I want to say thanks to Andy at got exhaust for the incredible customer service.

Still need to tweak it a bit but it fit great.

IMG_3756_zpsda962f9a.jpg

predator800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 litre
Any updates or did you give up on the project?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Peattie

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any updates or did you give up on the project?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran into some transmission issues that took my ram runner funds and I've been busy studying for the mcat. I still plan on doing the build when I have some more time and money.

Ive been emailing back and forth with pure performance and Im going to use their kit when I decide to complete the build.

in the mean time does anyone want to buy my oem dual exhaust?