Ram runner as a daily driver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgtbrantley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey ram forumers…. so I am deciding whether or not to (over time) turn my truck into a ram runner. My biggest question is: can this truck still be used as a daily driver/ grocery getter/family hauler? I know in the head to head video, the guy was complaining about not being able to keep the truck straight, as well as turning issues. How much of the handling really changes? I love the look of the truck and I like the idea of tearing up the nearby desert (I live in Co Springs), but I still want to be able to drive places without my forearms getting exhausted. Any input from people who have done the conversion would be greatly appreciated! Also, on a side note, is there any alternative to the kore kit that would give the stance of the ramrunner but not destroy the truck's handling and still allow me to do some (not too crazy, but a little bit crazy) off roading in the desert without constantly worrying about breaking something? Just want some answers before I order the ADD stealth bumper and thus begin the pre runner build (hit a deer so I have no bumper cover, bought retroshop lights instead lol). Thanks for the answers and sorry about the long post!

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont think your going to get many answers from people who actually have done the conversion, as their few and far between and even fewer on the forums regularly. Id say go for it if you have the funds haha it would be bad ass and look awesome! and would be able to perform great. I dont think theres any other kit out there that has the same quality. but theres alternatives like Icon Vehicle dynamics who have coilovers, control arms and such. cheaper and you probably wont be doing jumps with it though. but it would definitely be a daily driver then

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never seen a Ramrunner but if had one I'd drive it everywhere, everyday of my life.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure theres only one ram runner owner on this forum and he happens to live 30 minutes away from me. I saw his truck parked one day (pretty noticeable with white and lime green wheels) and it looked nice, obviously he uses it as a DD of some sort because it wasnt his place he was at

***Side note i sound like a stalker, I only can guess it wasnt his house because he told me he lived in a city out side of Edmonton, and i saw it inside Edmonton***

OP
OP
S

Sgtbrantley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I know that not too many people have done them. I know it is a big commitment since the suspension requires cutting and welding, and I was curious to see if I could get responses before I dive into it. I was kind of hoping the owner of the corpser would answer, but I'm not sure how active he is on the forums. While I don't put a lot of miles on my truck, if I decided to drive it cross country I would like to know if it would be manageable. If only there was a ram runner only forum…. lol Thanks for the response anyway!

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plan on doing the ram runner kit too. I'm most likely going to sell my bmw project and start the ram runner process. (the car should pay for suspension). by then I should have enough to have a shop install it. Fiberglass may have to wait tho lol

If you dont want the kore kit you could always design your own. Using king shocks and just have a shop make the mounts. I havent looked into it much but to me its easier to buy the kore kit because its all there to weld on.

Dont let the videos discourage you. Both compare videos seem a bit bias towards the raptor. My dad has the raptor and yes its a great truck, tons of fun to drive but the front suspension sucks and it bottoms out everywhere.

Now that my warranty is up after a year of owning its time to start modding lol. And since there are very few ram runners the resale value should be good right? :biggun:

OP
OP
S

Sgtbrantley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree, they are few and far in between. I've actually never seen one in person. I wish I had a car to sell to finance the suspension (I joke to my wife that we could sell her explorer and buy parts for the ram lol) Sounds like you are leaps and bounds ahead of me, this is more of a far far off in the future endeavor for me. I've decided to run a leveling kit and 33s for now, but I still can't help but dream of the ram runner (and the rumble bee concept). Good luck on the build, I look forward to seeing pictures!

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah if I sell the car itll pay for suspension but then I have to save for the install. And since nobody has done it, its hard to determine the cost. Itll be an on going process but in the end itll be fun.

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pure performance suspension 3" full kit... much better than the kore kit for the same price!

That is awesome. pure performance kit provides 16" of travel, kore is only 14" and pure performance is $2500 cheaper. Never thought there was a kit besides kore.

Thank You!! :banana-mario:

Edit: Nevermind I see there are multiple levels of this kit, I looked at the first one I saw on the website lol

Last edited:

BigMikeyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 4x4 Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A few months old. but I wouldn't mind more info but my mine is already made up been wanting to do a pre runner set up F*** Kore IMHO while they may be good people I haven't had any luck with them they don't answer questions over the phone they are not very prompt over email. they will send you one word reply's to your email's. While I don't have any experience with Pure Performance just seeing them posting on other forums the way they do makes me think they have good people working there.

At that time I had 22k in hand ready to start the ram runner in my 13 Ram they pissed me off so much I just put a leveling kit on it.

While the prerunner/ramrunner look is awesome I was also concerned about the on road handling in the video's of that system. leads me to think either they messed it up and made it only off road friendly or...