!!! $13200 to replace motor!!! HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
^^^ after you get your truck home.

OP
OP
R

Ramguy69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Will Towing it home hurt my chances of getting it warrantied?

Zac0490

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi 3.73
My buddy Has 14 1500 5.7 with 63 Thousand miles on it and the # 5 exhaust valve spring broke damaging the piston they did Replace the Motor under warranty but only after he agreed he would pay the initial teardown fee if they found it wasn’t under warranty

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
LOL, are you for real dude? They already screwed you and tilted their hand that they are going to deny it. Some dealerships do this for sport, they already committed an infraction by denying you straight coverage. They are "assuming" they have a failure to maintain, are you freaking kidding me?? You need to tow it to another shop and go back at the dealer, or just be their pigeon and fkin agree to 2500 which is an absolute guarantee they will charge you. You have a warranty, they messed up not you, don't be apable be a tiger. You did nothing wrong, they are trying to corn hole screw you with no lube, do not let them **** you man. if they decide to fix it when the tow truck gets their fine, if not never surrender, fight the good fight.

gl man, i got nothing else, sorry for your troubles.

OP
OP
R

Ramguy69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
I'll have it towed tomorrow! I really appreciate all the feedback. thank you!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
See if the Ram Cares rep in this forum can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, follow burla advice, don't do or say anything else, get your truck home, see lawyer and follow lawyers advice.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
One thing, the worst possible outcome is you have another shop put in an engine, likely 1/2 of that price. Sometimes Ram negotiates down and has someone pay a reduced fee, but if you ask me that is a form of terrorism. And I wouldn't even be surprised if you didn't need a new engine, if that happens PM me. Talk to a lawyer first, hopefully you have triple a? they will tow you as many times as necessary no charge. You will likely have to verify the engine needs replacement. That by no means should cost you 2500, lol. They get away with this kind of stuff because nobody fights them. They need to change, go all the way.

Absolute ******** one dealer can't call another for service records.

OP
OP
R

Ramguy69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Im going to fight it! From the very beginning I felt it was unacceptable that I should have to pay any type of monies for a vehicle that is still under warranty. While on the phone case manager asking her basic questions about my warranty she stated that she could not my answer my questions because she didn't want her words to be misconstrued. She also told me that if I wasn't satisfied with the price I can always trade my vehicle in lol.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Let's send up the @ ramcares signal and see if the forum rep can help you along.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited:

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What an absolute joke, I wish you the best of luck. Nail those clowns to the wall, they should be replacing it no questions asked.

Unfortunately Ram dealers are the worst, the Ram DEALERS are the reason my next truck will be a Ford.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep us posted and follow burlas advice.
The fact that they want you to pay for them to tear Down to pin point the issue is a huge sign of what is to come-
A Ram cares agent is not going to be able to do anything for this except try and get you into a different dealer. If this is the only dealer where you live then it may be time to switch brands.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ramguy, just make sure you have all your receipts for you oil changes. Make copies, keep the originals. I have seen other posts that dealers said the customer is responsible for diagnostic charges such as yours, until repairs are approved by Chrysler. In the end, all was covered.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What an absolute joke, I wish you the best of luck. Nail those clowns to the wall, they should be replacing it no questions asked.

Unfortunately Ram dealers are the worst, the Ram DEALERS are the reason my next truck will be a Ford.

Hi Jared. To broad a statement. Have to say, the dealer I use is pretty darn good. Not the cheapest on initial purchase, but have more than made up for the little higher price by excellent service. Smallish dealer, owner has office out front in the sales department, easily accessible. The dealership I use is warwick Chrysler/jeep/ram in Warwick NY.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ I'm moving in the next two months... Hope to god the dealership there is good...

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Jared. To broad a statement. Have to say, the dealer I use is pretty darn good. Not the cheapest on initial purchase, but have more than made up for the little higher price by excellent service. Smallish dealer, owner has office out front in the sales department, easily accessible. The dealership I use is warwick Chrysler/jeep/ram in Warwick NY.

Theres a lot of bad dealer service dept posts on here and other forums as well as my own personal experiences, infact I even asked what the best local dealer was on a local ram club on Facebook today and I'll let the picture do the talking...

These are nice trucks, and they're selling in record numbers, a lot of people like myself are coming over from other brands for the first time (lots coming from vibrating sierras and silverados), FCA needs to pull their head out of their ass and get their dealers on point. They have a really good opportunity here to create a loyal following (truck buyers are usually the most loyal) but their dealer service experience leaves a lot to be desired and potentially could **** a lot of customers (like myself) away. They could stand behind their vehicles and have return buyers or be shortsighted and let this kind of crap slide and get a lot of peoples money only once...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 11.21.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 11.21.23 PM.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 203
OP
OP
R

Ramguy69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Just picked the truck up from the dealership. They didn't charge me for reading codes and it took them about 10 minutes to find the key.