$800 to spend, which mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've got $800 I can spend on additional mods and figured I'd see what others would do based on experience. I've got a list of things put together, just not sure which I should go for, might be awhile before I have more $$ to drop on the truck. Here is the list I've got:

42” Curved Light Bar for front bumper
Painted door handles
Upper glove box
Pedal Commander
S&B Intake 75-5066
Center console
Undercover Swing boxes
Window deflectors
New muffler
Carven 5” exhaust tips
Projector headlight upgrade
Head unit upgrade (already have aftermarket speakers)

I baby my truck 99% of the time so I'm not really looking for performance upgrades per se, but if something can make the engine work less I'm all for it. I have a S&B intake on my 2012 and I like it, the Pedal Commander gets such good reviews that I'm interested in one, just not sure if I'd get the enjoyment others do since I tend to drive like a grandpa lol. I've got a catch can on pre-order.

Here the truck for reference:
CuuQDbgm.jpg

treed522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
Undercover boxes are very convenient. Love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The pedal commander you will feel 100% of driving time. You don't have to use it to be hard on the truck, but it just drives better. Once you pick the right setting for your driving style, you will be hooked.

But for me, I would put the stereo above that. Typically that is the first thing I upgrade when I get a vehicle without the top of the line stereo. My '15 has the infinity system with the 8.4 Navi unit... So I skipped this and when Pedal Commander first.

I did the cabin air filter and tailgate assist first, because they were just so cheap to do.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Thanks guys. I have the tailgate assist and the cabin air filter is sitting in my cart on Amazon, I'll be ordering it today.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I've got $800 I can spend on additional mods and figured I'd see what others would do based on experience. I've got a list of things put together, just not sure which I should go for, might be awhile before I have more $$ to drop on the truck. Here is the list I've got:

42” Curved Light Bar for front bumper

Painted door handles

Upper glove box

Pedal Commander

S&B Intake 75-5066

Center console

Undercover Swing boxes

Window deflectors

New muffler

Carven 5” exhaust tips

Projector headlight upgrade

Head unit upgrade (already have aftermarket speakers)

I baby my truck 99% of the time so I'm not really looking for performance upgrades per se, but if something can make the engine work less I'm all for it. I have a S&B intake on my 2012 and I like it, the Pedal Commander gets such good reviews that I'm interested in one, just not sure if I'd get the enjoyment others do since I tend to drive like a grandpa lol. I've got a catch can on pre-order.

Here the truck for reference:

CuuQDbgm.jpg

Very nice truck really clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would do the Carven direct fit kit with tips and the pedal commander. With our discount that should still leave u with a little left over cash for some small stuff.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
Power fold tow mirrors......as a birthday gift for my truck...J/K.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't forget about window decals !!! The proper mix of decals and you will get improved performance and aesthetic improvements.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Don't forget about window decals !!! The proper mix of decals and you will get improved performance and aesthetic improvements.

Lol. I might toss a few sponsor stickers on if I'm pressured to, otherwise it's staying clean.