1000 Ignition Orange and 1000 Blacked Out Rams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
My local dealer has 3 orange, one sold already and other dealers in the area all have at least one orange Ram on their lot... but not a single one has a blacked out Ram... so is that 1000 of each for real?

What are you guys seeing on your local lots? Where are the blacked out Sports going?

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I posted this elsewhere... i have a hard time believing there's only 1000 orange ones cuz same in my city, 3 dealers each have an orange, 1 of them has 2. Plus i've seen 2 driving around.

And I dont even get the blackout package.. it just looks like a black-out express... who cares.

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Mine is definitely not an Express lol

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
For sure, but I'm saying it doesn't have the holy sh*t factor the orange ones do. Every time i see another black sport on the road I chuckle to myself n think "we're so original"

I'm already de-badged, so If I took my plastic chrome grille inserts out and threw on some black rims, presto, black pkg...

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I like that it's not debadged like an Express... debadged is kinda been there done that... every truck is debadged now... I prefer the black emblems and logos...

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Now Hellcat Challengers are a rarity... dealers can't seem to get those at all... at least with manual transmission...

Awastatyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought my ram, my dealership had 6 blackouts on the lot and I have seen 3 different ones on the road.

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Express or Sport models? Maybe orange is going north and black is going south...

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I've been saying this far a while.

My local dealer has 3 Ignition Orange Rams and I live in Louisiana and we seem to never get the good cars. And if there is one. IT'S ONLY ONE.. haha

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My local dealer has 2 of the orange Sports and they had 1 black package Sport. One orange Sport has been on their lot for over a month, the second arrived a couple of weeks after the first. Both orange Sports are still available. The black Sport arrived about a week ago and sold pretty much immediately.

iRamYou

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7L HEMI
When I bought my ram, my dealership had 6 blackouts on the lot and I have seen 3 different ones on the road.

The dealer where I bought my truck had close to 10 blackout package rams on the lot, they are everywhere.

For sure, but I'm saying it doesn't have the holy sh*t factor the orange ones do. Every time i see another black sport on the road I chuckle to myself n think "we're so original"

Agreed. Although, I am personally not a fan of the orange, they do have a huge "originality" or "rarity" factor that a blacked out truck doesn't. Everyone from F-150 owners, to Silverado owners is blacking out their truck. If I don't see a dozen blacked out trucks a day, I am surprised.

My local dealer has 2 of the orange Sports and they had 1 black package Sport. One orange Sport has been on their lot for over a month, the second arrived a couple of weeks after the first. Both orange Sports are still available. The black Sport arrived about a week ago and sold pretty much immediately.

The Orange Sport on the lot I was at had been sitting for over a month as well in the lobby. It is a loud color and it isn't for everyone.

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dealer where I bought my truck had close to 10 blackout package rams on the lot, they are everywhere.

Pretty sure you are seeing the black package express models lol

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There is 2 ignition orange sitting here in small town Saskatchewan besides the one already rolling in town so I am thinking there is more than 1000 out there.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
there were 10 or so orange ones side by side at the dealer where i bought my truck here in ny

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And then there is this....

20150620_200300_zpsswlsxvca.jpg~original

I pulled this from the other forum site. Let me be the first to say "I told you so..." I mentioned that someone was going to do something silly like this when the color was first released. :disgust:

I took my truck in for an inspection at my dealer last week and they had one on the lot. I chatted up with my saleslady on it and she had an interesting comment about the orange. She actually thought the color looks better on a Jeep Wrangler (I agree) and that most customers have told her that it is a nice color but they think they would get tired of it after the first year or so. Since the dealer is down the street from a Harley Davidson shop, they get motorcycle guys stopping to take a look at the truck all the time since they think it is "Harley Orange" or something.

Definately more than 1000 out there. I'm certain of it. Heck, I've seen 5 different ones in my area.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Black-outs are waaaayyyyy over-played. Ya see more of them than fart cars,,,,,,

Orange? Not 'feeling it' any more than Lime green,,,

IMHO, it's absolutely possible to be 'clean/unique/authentic' without looking like a clone,,, or a clown,,,,,

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Definitely more than 1000 out there. I'm certain of it. Heck, I've seen 5 different ones in my area.

I agree, there has to be... Like I said, my dealer (on an island) sold one, has 2 on the lot and has a 4th coming... no Black Ram Sport Packages coming though... other dealers in the province, same thing... all orange... no black... there are a couple Express models though... just not Sport versions... very stranger the allotment...

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Fun fact... the orange that was sold and the 2 sitting on the lot all came with 3.21 gearing...

Moss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Fun fact... the orange that was sold and the 2 sitting on the lot all came with 3.21 gearing...

Selcher, I am in Barrie and the dealer had 4 Ignition Orange trucks on the lot, lucky me I got the first one...

I am thinking there is probably way more than the 1000 they are claiming

cux211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have an ignition orange sport and I also think they fed me the bs gotta be more than 1000 out there. At least I got one with the 3.92 seems like almost everything that's not a diesel up here is 3.21. I will admit I can see getting sick of it though especially since I almost always end up with black. Nobody up here has seen a blackout sport lots of expresses. One thing I feel they should have done was put black wheels on the orange truck ugh