2010 Ram SLT 4.7 w/ 90K Miles Worth it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
Hola,

Hola Dodge siblings and Mopar enthusiast. :)

Well it is about that time to mod my Dodge Charger again. This next mod will be a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4wd (yeah, a little more average then your normal beater mod).

The one I am looking at has 90K miles on it and will be about 13.8K before taxes.

What are your thoughts on 14K for a 2010 with 90,000 miles? Good deal? It comes with a superchips programmer, throttle body spacers installed, and a rhino cover liner so, no need to purchase those mods for the beater and I think he has a K&N CAI on it, so no need to pic one of those up. That is actually a savings off the bat for me.

Thanks in advance!

D a n a

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hola,

Hola Dodge siblings and Mopar enthusiast. :)

Well it is about that time to mod my Dodge Charger again. This next mod will be a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4wd (yeah, a little more average then your normal beater mod).

The one I am looking at has 90K miles on it and will be about 13.8K before taxes.

What are your thoughts on 14K for a 2010 with 90,000 miles? Good deal? It comes with a superchips programmer, throttle body spacers installed, and a rhino cover liner so, no need to purchase those mods for the beater and I think he has a K&N CAI on it, so no need to pic one of those up. That is actually a savings off the bat for me.

Thanks in advance!

D a n a

Price isn't bad but I would have two concerns

Number one... it has been modded. If you don't know the history of the truck or the owner that would concern me. You never know if it had the crap beat out of it or not. 90k miles of hard driving can take a toll on any vehicle

Number two....it's the 4.7. The 4.7 isn't a bad engine from what I have read but it's way underpowered compared to the Hemi. There are also many more aftermarket parts for the Hemi. So I guess it would all depend on what you are planing to do with the truck. If you are looking for one to modify I would try to find a similar truck with the 5.7 . I personally would look around a lot before you make a choice.

OP
OP
danam

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Curious in my Hemi charger I've always run premium gasoline nothing else even before I got my programmer with the Ram having 4.7 in it I'm wondering if I should run premium gasoline also the truck has been tuned and does come with a superchips so I assume he runs or he has been running like the 93 octane tune.

What are you guys running in your 4.7 with a Diablo or superchips tuner , canned tune?

chizzyofdp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I bought a 2011 4.7 with a little over 100k right at the beginning of 2015 with no mods for 14k beforr taxes, I'd say it's definitely worth it with the mods you've listed. I've modes mine with a kn cai, exhaust, and superchips I'm running 93 octane tune and I love my truck.

OP
OP
danam

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I bought a 2011 4.7 with a little over 100k right at the beginning of 2015 with no mods for 14k beforr taxes, I'd say it's definitely worth it with the mods you've listed. I've modes mine with a kn cai, exhaust, and superchips I'm running 93 octane tune and I love my truck.

That is awesome you got it for 14k. How is the gas mileage with the 93? tune? I think had mine set to the sports tune but I will fix that probably tomorrow evening.

I got mine on Saturday. Never driven in the winter (he was in AZ), no rust, the tires are new too and have a lifetime warranty. I am liking the remote start a lot.

The ECO boost seems nice for gas mileage but I don't know what I was thinking, I guess with all the speed mods on my charger I was expecting to touch the gas and sequel the tires. LOL Auto Stick helps get away from the Ram's Eco sluggishness.

Oh and the other thing I guess is a very slight negative, I am like 5 10, ok, more like 5/9 and a half inch, you got me, I am 5"9 so I guess I will be going with some nerf bars as a first mod. I almost wish it did not have new standard size tires so I would have to mode those first. :-(

Lastly, having second thoughts on blacking out all that chrome, growing on me a smidgen.