2012 hemi transmission problem, need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Engine
2 months ago the transmission stuck with 4th speed, was not shifting to any other speeds. Took the truck to the dealer and changed the valve body. Still there is problem with delay shifting from 1st to 2nd speed and feel some slips in the 2nd gear. Took the truck to dealer again and now they say transmission to be removed and change some gears and some parts which will cost me more than 3000$.

Don't know what to do, advice me please mates

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get a second estimate?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The 4th gear issue is actually the transmission limp mode, it holds it in the 1:1 gear and it allows you to get the vehicle to a safe area so it can be towed to a shop, so that part was normal. Did you happen to see what codes had popped up, that would be a big indicator of what the issue is.

If you're feeling any slipping in gears it means that clutch packs are burned, and most likely it's the 2 prime clutch pack which is a known failure point for these trans. I'd say get a second quote if you have somewhere else you can take it, I know options will be limited in Qatar, but give it a try. You'll need a rebuild either way, just try to find a better quoted price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Abdulrahman-Qatar
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Engine
The 4th gear issue is actually the transmission limp mode, it holds it in the 1:1 gear and it allows you to get the vehicle to a safe area so it can be towed to a shop, so that part was normal. Did you happen to see what codes had popped up, that would be a big indicator of what the issue is.

If you're feeling any slipping in gears it means that clutch packs are burned, and most likely it's the 2 prime clutch pack which is a known failure point for these trans. I'd say get a second quote if you have somewhere else you can take it, I know options will be limited in Qatar, but give it a try. You'll need a rebuild either way, just try to find a better quoted price.

Thanks for your advice mate, the code is P1775.
I went to them today and I forced them to change the valve body again. If it's still the same then I will trade my 2014 JEEP SRT with a new 2015 Ram. I will shift all suspension system and other parts to the new truck.