2012 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sloan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well I just wanted to throw a quick shout out to dodge on building what I think is an awesome truck. I bought mine early on in the summer after realizing how much more expensive my preference was (ya I will say it, I wanted a Government motors Product lol) anyways I drove a rental GM for a few weeks that was slightly leveled up from my SLT and I cant believe I am about to say this, but I much prefer my dodge. The Hemi is awesome, the truck rides nice and handles well. So I thought I would throw it out there and commend dodge on their lineup. I am glad I saved myself the money and bought what I see as a better vehicle. I rented a 2012 GMC 1500 with the 5.3L and its not that is was horrible, but my dodge was certainly a better purchase for me. Has anybody else switched brands to be pleasently surprised? The only issue I currently have is the lack of tuner availability at the moment, but hopefully that will come soon.

Johntom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never considered a ram as an option really until I bought a 2010 Bighorn and I fell in love with it.. My younger brother drives that one now, dad bought a 2011 Bighorn, and now I'm in a 2012 Express CC... We've all been converted to rams and wouldn't have it any other way

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GM may have us beat in MPG, but I would never even consider one. They are losing badly in the HP wars. It's not even close. I did think of an Ecoboost, but didn't even have to drive one due to the appearance. Ram has everyone beat there also. I just don't like the F150's face.

atxrob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep.. I had a nice Silverado for 7 years. I would have never even looked at a Ram until my mom's husband asked me to drive one so he could get a bird dog fee. I had driven the new silverado and both Ford's (5.4 and eco) and the Tundra. I was planning on buying the Tundra. After climbing in and seeing the interior i was very impressed. Then i pushed the gas pedal and was sold.

Now i am happy happy happy!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I will never buy a Gub'mnt Motors vehicle again. I've owned 2. Chevy talks engineering and improvement, but just puts a different (ugly) package on tired old design.

I've had three Dodges if you count my current RAM (5.9L, 4.7L and 5.7L) since 2000 and the wife has a Chrysler. All have been far more attractive than the GM crap, very reliable and OH MY GOD! fun to drive. I have rented and driven GM products for work and vacation--yawn!

Where I think GM really falls down (beside style and performance) is crappy dealerships and awful service writers. There I've said it--GM service centers are unpleasant and the only thing Mr Good can wrench is your patience and your wallet. :hidesbehindsofa:

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from an 04 F-150 to my my Dodge and I'm sure glad that I did! I really enjoy this truck. After owning this dodge I can't believe I waited so long to make the switch...

limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Black Limited 1500
Engine
Hemi
I know driving my Limited, I enjoy it more everyday :Hump:
But i have never ever looked at a GM or a Ford,
MOpar 110%
Harleydavidson 109%

for the guys that had to learn the hard way,, Just think all those years you could of had a Mopar,,, but you found your way to the light:buttkick:

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ill be honest I never thought I would own a Dodge Ram. I have been a Chevy guy my entire life. my last one a 2011 Silverado LT Crewcab 2wd with a 5.3L. I wasnt happy with the power level, and the ride. I had a vibration at 55-80mph and I had it in the shop 4 times and everytime they said it was fixed and it wasnt so i went to carmax and they offered me 25k for it since it was only 9 months old and only had 11k miles. I bought my wife a 2013 Nissan Altima and I was driving her CX-7 and I hated it. I got in a wreck and whiile the car was in the shop I bought the Ram truck. it was impressive with the power and the ride. I plan on keeping this for 30k miles and take a look at whats out there at that time.
I have to say I am very impressed with this truck so far

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
this is my 21st truck in the last 15 years. i have one dodge when i was younger, son a ***** i loved that truck. '96 ram reg auto 360 maroon lifted on 33's, i loved that truck, but after 2500 miles, hard miles i will say, and a blow tranny and the rebuilt one heading south, i cut my losses and moved on.. i was a diehard ford guy after that, bought my last new ford in '07, supercrew, great truck, seats were sooo horrible, my god. then i switched back to chevy/gmc's 94, 95, 01, 02, 03, some v8's s10's. bought a new '11 gmc sierra and love that truck, lifted it and all that jazz. got sick of no room, traded that in on a new '12 silvy crew, lifted it, loved the room, hate the power. dodge came out with that deal and no interest, dropped my payments a bunch and got another new truck, can't beat that. i do like my dodge, the seats are soo nice. but somethings should be standard imo. the console light, biggest thing that pissed me off about my dodge. so at this point mopar has my business. new cummins is the next truck that will be in the stable, wish i didn't have to buy a 1 ton to get the allison in '14 tho..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963