2012 ram sport W/manual tranny???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L 295 CI Magnum V6 :(
I've been saving so I can start making payments on a NEW 2012 ram sport 4x4 but I read on a few forums that the new rams don't have the option for a manual transmission.... Is that true? If it is I don't want a new ram. I even went to the ram site to build my own and there was no option for a standard..

Please someone help me cuz this will contribute A LOT to my decision

Thanks in advance!

Sent From My HTC Thunderbolt Using Tapatalk

RamIt22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As far as I know you can only get the 6 speed with the CTD.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
you might still be able to get the v6(not sure on that even) with a manual trans, but no go on a sport with a hemi

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is SOOOOO Stupid IMO What the hell was Dodge thinking with!?!?!?!? im contemplating on getting something other than the new Ram now :( i mean i love the trucks and think they are amazing but if i cant actually DRIVE the vehicle there is no point in getting it

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
honestly its not just ram......a lot of manufacturers are that way

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I don't believe you can get a manual transmission in any half ton pick up on the market anymore and haven't for a couple years now
Ram is the last one with a manual trans in any pickup I believe

It saves ALOT of money in production cost to only put auto's in

Russ64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I ordered my 12 Ram and started adding what I wanted on the truck they did ask if I wanted a manual or auto. So you might want to go to your local dealership and ask. Ive got the hemi 5.7 and they asked me so I dont think it would hurt to ask the question.

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I ordered my 12 Ram and started adding what I wanted on the truck they did ask if I wanted a manual or auto. So you might want to go to your local dealership and ask. Ive got the hemi 5.7 and they asked me so I dont think it would hurt to ask the question.

Regardless of what "they" asked you, no option for a manual in a 5.7 1500

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dodge is the only domestic that offers a manual and that's only in the CTD.

I saw this coming when I ordered my '97 and 80% of 1/2 tons were built with manuals. Problem is not enough people want to/know how to drive them.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dodge is the only domestic that offers a manual and that's only in the CTD.

I saw this coming when I ordered my '97 and 80% of 1/2 tons were built with manuals. Problem is not enough people want to/know how to drive them.

Plus it's a lot easier to force TM on you with an auto......

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
TM ????

Sorry - nott too quick on the acronyms...

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After 10+ years of driving sticks, I am beyond happy with an automatic...

Not to mention, you have to take into consideration that back in the day, as early as 7 or 8 years ago, trucks were still being built with the thought they would be worked. Today, that isn't the case. Trucks today are built to be family haulers, they are to families today what the minivan and SUV was to families 10 years ago. With that, comes convienience and unfortunatley for people who prefer standard transmissions, they are for the most part, inconvienient.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After 10+ years of driving sticks, I am beyond happy with an automatic...

Not to mention, you have to take into consideration that back in the day, as early as 7 or 8 years ago, trucks were still being built with the thought they would be worked. Today, that isn't the case. Trucks today are built to be family haulers, they are to families today what the minivan and SUV was to families 10 years ago. With that, comes convienience and unfortunatley for people who prefer standard transmissions, they are for the most part, inconvienient.

My daily drivers have had manual transmissions since 1991 and I was thrilled too when I got my 2010 Ram... for about 15 months LOL!!!

I like the connection to the vehicle through the stick shift - during the time I drove automatics (my Charger and Ram) every day, I realized the feeling of "it gets me from point A to point B."

justin443

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 RAM 1500 Sport 2wd
Engine
Hemi 5.7
drop it into drive and click over, boom theres your manual tranny :)

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well that is Completly stupid IMO i HATE Automatic Transmissions ive rebuilt Both and Manuals are easier to work on and they Last Longer... And with an Auto Trans you arent Driving the vehicle... the Vehicle is driving you while you steer and and control the gas..... i guess i dont want a new vehicle then ill just buy another 2nd gen with a 360 and 4X4 and just Modify that