2013 1500 ignition lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
imhaving an issue with my ignition cylinder lock, it wont unlock sometimes so i can remove the key. i can sit there for a second or 2 then i hear it move, sometimes have have to turn the key on the off a few times for it to finally release. has anybody else had this issue?

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
imhaving an issue with my ignition cylinder lock, it wont unlock sometimes so i can remove the key. i can sit there for a second or 2 then i hear it move, sometimes have have to turn the key on the off a few times for it to finally release. has anybody else had this issue?

Sure, when it was new it did it from time to time. Less frequently these days. Seemed to work itself out over time. Did it a couple of weeks ago, then realized I didn't have it all the way in park. Not helpful but my '13 has been known to do it so your not alone on this one either.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have a lot of keys on the key ring? If so, that could have affected the mechanism over the years. You may need a new lock.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Sure, when it was new it did it from time to time. Less frequently these days. Seemed to work itself out over time. Did it a couple of weeks ago, then realized I didn't have it all the way in park. Not helpful but my '13 has been known to do it so your not alone on this one either.

I have had the same problem a few times early on with the key not removing. Discover also that my column shifter was not all the way in park and the interlock kept it from releasing the key.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Have you tried using just the key on its own without anything on the keychain? If it’s a consistent issue, I suggest visiting a certified dealer – Kevin T, Social Connect Team