2013 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crpmap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright im new to ram and allways been a ford fan but thought i should give it a try, now here where my problems start. Since the day i got the truck home i found a spot on the bed side where the paint was bubbling up, talk to my dealer and they said they will repaint it, At this point im not realy happy since i just gave 30,000 and now its getting repainted. After it was said and done paint looked alright so i was ok with it until about a month after the paint job the same thing happened again. This time i talked straight to ram and told them i wanted another truck and wasnt very happy, then almost had to get on my back and throw a fit for the dealer to repaint and fix. After i get the truck back this time i noticed a crap job where the paint and clear coat had been just blotted on. So i take it to the dealer once again and he agrees it should not have left his body shop like that, they take it to the back and sand buff and it looks ok. Now about 2 weeks after getting it back i noticed more paint runs and a tremendous amount of overspray under the truck from where they did a crap job. Im about fed up with ram and my dealer im just curious what my next step should be. Do i need to take it to the dealer once again and let them try to sand and buff again, Also now there is overspray under the truck pretty bad so if i wanted to sell people would look at that and be turned away. one more thing my dealer is 150 mile round trip from the house so im not a happy camper..

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Check and see if your state has a lemon law. You will at least know the burden of proof required to get state legal help.

OP
OP
C

crpmap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am in Missouri and im pretty sure our lemon law is 4 times but im not sure if i would qualify since its all kinda the same problem and nothing major like engine work or something.

NavyGuy2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Seams more to me that the first time was a real issue and the rest have been shoddy repairs. If you can I would take it to another dealer. I would call the regonal manager directly, you would be supprised what can be gone when you go above the dealers heads!

OP
OP
C

crpmap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been in constant contact with a ram rep supposedly i have a case and he is my case manager, they just keep telling me to take it back to the dealer till it is correct. They did offer to give me a check for 2 months payments to take care of the hassle. That was a generous offer but i felt they could do a little more, you shouldn't buy a 30,000 truck and then take it to the dealer 6 times just to get it right. All i wanted was the truck to be right and them to help with my fuel charges, but when does it come to a point where you got to be like alright im done something has to be fixed pronto.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
tell Ram you want to take it to your chosen paint shop for repairs and them cover cost, that obviously it's the dealers paint shop that is doing shoddy work.