2013 Laramie Limited air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LimitedRamOnStocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wassup guys I'm Caleb I live in Athens Ga. I bought a 2013 Ram Laramie Limited about 4 months ago. It has just about every option you can get. I'm needing new tires and want to go with a 275 65R 20. They will fit when the truck is sitting normal. But if I ever wanted to go bigger on the tires how could I raise the suspension and keep the truck there? I know it's a safety issue but there has to be a way to default the system letting me keep my truck raised up. Anybody know how??? Thanks guys. I'll put up pictures when I get new tires put on.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The lift kit for the air ride trucks is expensive!

You can fit that tire just fine, in park or lowered mode expect it to rub a little. Once youre at normal height it will clear.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
dont think so. i think the most you could do is turn off the eco setting and the lowest it would go is normal ride height.

TTU14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it is possible without the liftkit. Your truck has a height sensor at each wheel, connected to the control arm by a small linkage. The truck is reading the position of the sensor, determining how high or low it is and adjusting itself. By swapping those links with adjustable links, you can trick the truck into thinking it is sitting at a different height and make it lift itself. From what I've seen, a roughly 2in "lift" in normal ride height mode is possible, but it can make OR1 rough and OR2 basically unusable. Search for adjustable ride links and you'll find a bunch of people that have either bought them or made their own. It is also possible to just swap your front and rear links with each other to get an all around 2in lift. I get the order screwed up, but I want to say making the front links shorter and the rear links longer lifts the truck. Your front links are longer than your rear so swapping=lift.

What I did was buy a 2nd set of rear links and put them on the front to level the truck, but I found that it was a little too high and uncomfortable for daily use. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
L

LimitedRamOnStocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah your right I switched the links. Truck stays up but the ride is awful. Very bouncy. I'll order new rear links as well. Does it ride well with all around rear links?

swargo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the links on my truck and I have them set just a little under 2 inch lift on the front and raised the rear by about a half inch. I can't really tell the difference in ride quality. I do have 35s on it now so that may be masking any difference I would see with soft stock tires.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr