2013 Ram 1500 Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely need to file for lemon. I have the same exact truck and I've experienced the shifting issue twice and told myself on the third time it's going in. Kinda felt like I was shifting to drive after being park on an incline.

Here is a video of my shifting issue. I tried to get the full detail of the sound but it was hard, regardless you can hear the loud "clank"

2013 Ram 1500 Hard Shifting Issue (LEMON) - YouTube

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
man that sucks...
2013 Sport here with over 6k miles.
only issue is that sometimes the cruise control doesnt turn on when i push the button on the steering wheel. sometimes i have to push the on and set button together and other times another two buttons together to turn it on.

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
man that sucks...
2013 Sport here with over 6k miles.
only issue is that sometimes the cruise control doesnt turn on when i push the button on the steering wheel. sometimes i have to push the on and set button together and other times another two buttons together to turn it on.

Glad your having no issues haha but there is a flash update for the cruise control fix. They performed that on my truck the other day, Service Bulletin 08-078-13, that should help ya out

mangus2k13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your braking issues sound like the recent recall for the stability control system

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Currently the recall for the stability control did not fix the breaking problem and it is still going on. I contacted a second attorney two weeks ago and started the process over again, Chrysler told my first attorney that they refuse to speak to him any further haha

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Sounds like your first lawyer sucks at being a lawyer. If you are within the legal limit to file a lemon case then your lawyer should have had all communications documents and proceeded to file the case with the district court. Refusal to arbitrate or communicate by Chrysler doesn't mean the lawyer can't do his job.

I am not a lawyer, but I've been down the lemon path a couple times.

AC54ME

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi
Currently the recall for the stability control did not fix the breaking problem and it is still going on. I contacted a second attorney two weeks ago and started the process over again, Chrysler told my first attorney that they refuse to speak to him any further haha

Research local (state bar qualified for CO) lawyers that have background and previous experience with the "Lemon Laws" of CO.

(from a recovering lawyer who knows of what he speaks)

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did search the state bar of CO and that is where I found my new attorney so hopefully she will be able to do a better job than the first. I was extremely disapointed with the first attorney that I had, seemed like he did not know what he was doing and he would ask me what he should say to Chrysler???? Not what I needed at that time, it was just a waste of 2.5 months of my time with no good outcome. If this new attorney does her job well I will post her contact information for anyone having trouble in Colorado or Arizona.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Glad to hear your staying after them. good luck.

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad your having no issues haha but there is a flash update for the cruise control fix. They performed that on my truck the other day, Service Bulletin 08-078-13, that should help ya out

I am having issues with my cruise control too but couldn't find anything on this service bulletin.

Sorry to hear about your issues, makes mine seem minor (well mostly because they are), hope you get some satisfaction and soon!

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SOB... I have the dreaded "S"

My whole life I poo-poo'd Chrysler and talked several people out of buying one, I really thought they turned over a new leaf, and my last two Silverado's had several QC issues that were annoying me.. So I did a little research (key word "little") and took a chance.

My issues so far (1200 miles)
The first bath I gave it made me notice the ****astic paint job it has:
Orange peel, dirt with paint on top (****)
2 sags

My around town MPG is crap (driving like a little old lady) 11mpg on average (no mods except stereo related)
Only mechanical issue so far is the known .5 sec horn delay

If I could take it back today.. I would.

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
Engine
V-6
Last edited:

tprice9427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
got a 2013 bighorn no problems as of to date...i am a happy camper, but sorry you are having troubles

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So far no problems with about 1700km on it, but dammit all, I was hoping mine wasn't in the batch from this plant. Sure enough- Warren, Michigan. Feb 2013 build. Article was from March 1st, so I hope I slid under the wire. Seriously hope I don't get a bunch of BS problems. This is the first Chrysler product I have bought since our hand-grenade Intrepid. I hope to hell I don't end up in a situation like that again.

Well, I guess all I can do is cross my fingers.

Steelerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry about your issues. I'll give you credit I would probably bite the bullet and trade it in on a low mileage 2012. I wouldn't have the patience to sit through all this possibly risking my hinny while waiting.

I have small. Ignition issue with mine (2009 Laramie 1500) When motoring down the road it'll sometimes just shut off for a couple seconds & then fire back up. Like your, no codes or anything but obviously an ignition issue I'm guessing.

Good luck I'll keep checking in to see what comes of this.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the S and I have had a couple issues as well. I have 4000 miles on my truck and it seems the issues are just starting. Maybe we should all send an email to Chrysler.......Class action law suit?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Almost 7k on mine and the only issue I had was with bluetooth cutting in and out. An update fixed that. So far so good on my '13.

Batram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Knock on wood;
2013, 'S' code build, 7000km & no issues as of yet.

Although I fully expect to have a few issues in the future, I'm very impressed so far. I've had brand new Fords & a Nissan in the past & they all had issues immediately so to go this far withour any, is pretty damn good imo.

Every new vehicle is going to have issues at some point. Some minor & unfortunately, some major. It seems to be the luck of the draw.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Knock on wood;
2013, 'S' code build, 7000km & no issues as of yet.

Although I fully expect to have a few issues in the future, I'm very impressed so far. I've had brand new Fords & a Nissan in the past & they all had issues immediately so to go this far withour any, is pretty damn good imo.

Every new vehicle is going to have issues at some point. Some minor & unfortunately, some major. It seems to be the luck of the draw.

I've owned 6 Toyotas and 3 Lexus' no issues on any..

I would have bought a Tundra, but I hate their body design.

If the limited issues on my 2013 Express are the worst of it, I'll be happy.