2014 BH Vibration!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
Hello everyone! Bought my ram back in Nov. It's a 2014 4x4 Bighorn SLT Crew, now has 74kmiles.

Traded an 02 Lariat in that I drove for nearly 7 years so this is my first RAM.

I have a vibration at various speeds, feels like from the rear end. It gets bad about 55 to 65 consistent with other people's reports around the web but I've yet to find a solid resolution.

I changed tires from OEM to Cooper SRA's and the road noise is way better but the truck still wobbles.

My intention is to take it to the only darn shop in town that has a decent Hunter tire balancer and have them step by step disable the smart features of the machine and do a performance balance.

I'm basically asking for advice on anything I should have em check while the truck is lifted. I'll pay a penny or two to a shop instead of giving truck to dealership for a week or more

VirtualBJ's are in order to whomever can provide valuable troubleshooting advice.

I love the truck but I feel like I'm on an old wagon crossing the plains on the Oregon trail.

Jeffnc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram
Engine
If you bought the tires used, check to see if they are cupping on the inner edge

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CunningStunt

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
Brand new, and balanced fine, albeit on a machine that the Flintstones used to balance their stone wheels...

Going to at least try to eliminate the variable of chrome clad wheel balance issues by doing a performance balance on a higher tech machine.

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same problem on my 2016 Tradesman 4x4 with OEM 17" wheels and 35/12.50-17 Gladiator tires (new). Have tried several sets of 35", 285" and 305" tires with same problem. Tried different wheels too with same problem. Seems like we have the same problem with no remedy. Sucks too!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the angles on the front half shafts, also check the angles on the upper control arms. I think it’s more than likely to come from the front than the rear. What kind of lift is in the rear? Is it a spacer? Maybe it’s not seated correctly or at the propper alignment for the spring and the spacer?

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Define wobble? Is the wobble consistent to the vibration? Or do they appear to be 2 separate issues? I had trouble with local shops balancing the 20s on all my dodge 20in wheels for some reason but never had a problem with discount tire they seem to be on there balancing game. Does the steering wheel chatter? Do you get any consistent noise with the vibration like a grinding or howling or any notable sounds?