2014 Ram 1500 with 4 corner Air ride to Coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewy654

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Has anyone tried to or heard of converting over from the factory 4 corner air ride to the factory coil suspension? I have had nothing but bad luck with my air ride! Over $3000 of parts and still have no rear suspension(no warranty remaining and dealer has done all the work). The last thing they changed was the ride height module and that didn't fix it either.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You near Florida! Ill trade your whole setup for my coils

OP
OP
D

Dewy654

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Lol Northern Saskatchewan Canada!!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soooo, thats a no. Id love to get my hands on the factory air ride and use an aftermarket controller.

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not looked at how factory air works but i know the lincons and older mazdas we would cut the linesat the pump and plum in Schrader valves for manual adjustment not sure if this is doable with these

OP
OP
D

Dewy654

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I would love my air-ride to work! The truck has been in and out of dealerships for the past 4 months. No one knows what's happening and nothing is getting fixed. They just seem to be throwing parts at it at my expense. I'm to the point where I just want it gone

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they cant fix it, go aftermarket. You can use aftermarket air management. You will forver have the light unless you have your dealer tell the truck it doesn't exist. You will need a compressor, tank, valves, and lines and time to fit it all up. Then you can do what you want when you want.

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Since you were having issues before the warranty expired, shouldn't the problem still fall under warranty coverage as long as the issue has been documented? It's not like you rolled up the day after it expired, and they can't be in the middle of working on it and be like "oh look at the time... this warranty just ended. Drop your wrenches, this guy is screwed..."

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That is true. OP story doesn't add up.

Sure it adds up. He stated his warranty expired, and he doesn't want to worry about the air ride system. Perfectly reasonable. Even years later I still have zero interest in having airbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sure it adds up. He stated his warranty expired, and he doesn't want to worry about the air ride system. Perfectly reasonable. Even years later I still have zero interest in having airbags.

Not having to worry about it makes sense. But the OP (correct me if this isn't the case OP) indicated that they were STILL having ongoing issues that had been attempted to be repaired while under warranty. Since the problem SHOULD be documented while under warranty, and they're still having that problem, it should still be covered.

OP
OP
D

Dewy654

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not having to worry about it makes sense. But the OP (correct me if this isn't the case OP) indicated that they were STILL having ongoing issues that had been attempted to be repaired while under warranty. Since the problem SHOULD be documented while under warranty, and they're still having that problem, it should still be covered.

No I never said it was happening before warranty expired! It all started happening after my 100,000km warranty. It doesn't matter anymore because I had the dealership remove the air bag and replace them with the normal strut and rear coil. Won't have to worry about it again. I wish I would have done it along time ago.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
No I never said it was happening before warranty expired! It all started happening after my 100,000km warranty. It doesn't matter anymore because I had the dealership remove the air bag and replace them with the normal strut and rear coil. Won't have to worry about it again. I wish I would have done it along time ago.

Good deal Dewey. I don't blame you at all. I hated the air ride on my 2000 ford expedition Eddie Bauer. Lots of reasons why. Too many to list here. I'll just say if i can help it, I'll never own another vehicle with air ride/LLS by choice. Just my .02

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque

now you can go and add in the air lift ultimate 5000, works great. You air up when you need it. Had it on my F150 and it was flawless for when I needed the extra payload.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey did you keep the old struts! I will buy them!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your in Canada right?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2015ram2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the air suspension in truck right now with 0 problems or leaks I’m looking to take it all out and replace with coils if anyone wants to buy it is at dealer right now getting 2 new air struts replaced Under warranty truck is running out of time on warranty in Canada is still n truck can show receipts and video proof of truck call or text 506 2629566 ps don’t really know how to run this site

Falcon1772

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been interested in doing this switch myself as the air suspension is extremely problematic in cold climates. What all did you have to buy? I know of the front struts assemblies, the rear springs. And I've heard the rear shock absorbers are only good for about 20k so I'll replace those too. Anything else?

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Geez I hope I don't encounter some of the problems I've been reading about 4 corner Air Ride on different threads.