2015 Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shan1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm having an issue with my 2015 5.7 Hemi 1500 I've taken it to the dealer and they never have the issue. It's happen atleast 8 times now. When I go to start it with my keyfob it begins to turnover and then dies, the message reads Remote start disabled... Mostly on cold mornings but not below 25-30 degrees. Im having issues with both key fobs. I also had this happen when I used the push start, a real rough start and a popping sound... When I try starting it with the push after the failure it fires right up... 9k miles on it

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Do you have a check engine light or low fuel light? Remote start by design will not turn over if you have either.

raven3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi RCSB Express
Had the same type of issue with fob push start Dodge.
Push to start fob is always transmitting signal.
Had to replace battery every three months.
Go through settings to verify the vehicle is in push to start mode.
Sometimes would get message, key fob undetected
Sometimes had to lock and unlock door to reset starter sequence.
To reset start sequence, had to take key fob about fifty feet away from vehicle,
then approach vehicle within three feet the lock and unlock door.

Express trim level Ram is fob key insert to start. Only transmitts when locking or unlocking.
One main reason for trading Dodge for Ram
No problems starting Express Ram.

Last edited:

Fullmetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm having an issue with my 2015 5.7 Hemi 1500 I've taken it to the dealer and they never have the issue. It's happen atleast 8 times now. When I go to start it with my keyfob it begins to turnover and then dies, the message reads Remote start disabled... Mostly on cold mornings but not below 25-30 degrees. Im having issues with both key fobs. I also had this happen when I used the push start, a real rough start and a popping sound... When I try starting it with the push after the failure it fires right up... 9k miles on it

Someone else on here had a similar problem. I have Sport with same system. The one thing you have to watch out for is you cannot hit the gas before you hit the start button. If you gas the truck before you hit start button the remote start is disabled and the engine cuts off. Hope u can figure it out.