2015 Ram Big Horn questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So, rumor has it that I'll be getting into a 2015 Ram Big Horn for my new work vechicle. I'm very excited but have a couple questions. I got the bill of material for the trucks they ordered, which are white crew cab, Big Horns. They have the 8.4AN, protection group, comfort group, tow mirror and brake controller group, rear camera and park assist group, 40/20/40 front seats, and 3.21 gears. What's not included that I would have liked to have is the luxury group and remote start, but overall still a very nice truck.

The only things in the luxury group that I'll miss is the upgraded instrument cluster (which isn't a big issue) and the garage door opener, which I really want. Can the garage door opener be installed? Anyone have part numbers for this? The overhead console is there, but it's just missing the buttons. Not sure why this isn't standard. Also, what about adding the OEM remote start? Does this still activate the heated seats and steering wheel when added?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The wires for the garage door opener may be there already, but I'm not sure. I believe that option is included in the "Convenience group".

As with any vehicle, you should be able to add the OEM stuff pretty easy. If the dealer does it, they should be able to adjust the computer to turn on the seats with the remote start.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The wires for the garage door opener may be there already, but I'm not sure. I believe that option is included in the "Convenience group".

As with any vehicle, you should be able to add the OEM stuff pretty easy. If the dealer does it, they should be able to adjust the computer to turn on the seats with the remote start.

The seats and steering wheel don't need remote start to activate on start up. You can set it up on the radio screen.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You do activate the heated seats through the 8.4. But I'm sure the dealer would have to set it up and you probably would have to use the oem remote starter. The garage door opener is in the luxury group. I've see mms seen a post here out on the other forum about adding the Gage door opener. I personally wouldn't go through any expense or trouble to add it. It's not really allot different then having the remote on the visor.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes garage door is part of luxury. Had it on my big horn. When you hit a button it will say transmitting on your beautiful 7" cluster. I love that cluster. Blows away all other truck interiors paired with the 8.4. I was considering a trades man. So glad I ordered big horn with luxury.

OP
OP
myoung84

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes, it's part of the luxury package which is standard in the Outdoorsman model that I have. The 7" cluster is pretty sweet! Definitely going to miss that.

I might just stick to the standalone opener, especially if the built in opener is an expensive add on. I've had 4 Rams now and they have all had the opener. Even my 04 SLT had it. It's crazy that this is not standard on the big horn. I can understand the upgraded cluster, but the garage door opener should be standard.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
remote start is standard on all big horns.. that's why it isn't listed..dealers are ******** when it comes to what is equiped and what isn't.. I had to make the dealer put me on hold while he went and checked the key fob for me. when the temp is below x amount my heated seats turn on automatically .. u can turn this option on or off if u like.. I Love it lol.. on a plus note the seats and steering wheel heat up in under a minute. I use my remote start 99% of the time.. my u connect like 15%.. usually only when we are shopping

Last edited:
OP
OP
myoung84

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are you sure? On the website they have a remote start and security group. On my Outdoorsman it's listed under the Outdoorsman package description, not so on the 2015 Big Horn. If this is true then that's great!

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
remote start is standard on all big horns.. that's why it isn't listed..dealers are ******** when it comes to what is equiped and what isn't.. I had to make the dealer put me on hold while he went and checked the key fob for me. when the temp is below x amount my heated seats turn on automatically .. u can turn this option on or off if u like.. I Love it lol.. on a plus note the seats and steering wheel heat up in under a minute. I use my remote start 99% of the time.. my u connect like 15%.. usually only when we are shopping

Remote start is not standard on the big horn.It's a option , it's like 350. Remote start is a option on other trim levels too.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
for 2014 there was no remote start option with the big horns.. At least not the ones I looked at. All the dealers on trucks I called said ya there is no remote start listed on that sticker so it doesn't have it" even though in the pictures on their site it had a pic of a fob with remote start. Then a sales man at a diff dealer said its standard on all big horns. I called the dealer had the truck I wanted.. again not on the build sheet or window sticker so I had him go check.. and it had it. Find a big horn trim and make sure it doesn't have it listed call the dealer tell them to double check the fob and see if it does. It may be different for 2015"s but that was my experience a year ago.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2014 Big Horn most definitely has remote start.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This my sticker from my 14 big horn 1500.

Screenshot_2015-04-26-07-40-53_zpsysntbdag.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45