2015 with vibration; floor, gas pedal, steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FIMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the carrier bearing was defective from new right? And may I ask at what mileage did the dealer start the repairs at.

I assume it was bad from new...

Repairs started at 1100 miles on it. (Service department said to put a thousand miles on the truck and see if I could ride the flatspots out)

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really really really doubt it is the wheels (rims), tires or brakes (now maybe it is on some of the vehicles) but for me the shake...

- I had all 4 tires re-balanced and rotated - problem still exists - on the factory rims/tires
- is not in the steering wheel (alignment)
- does not happen during braking (I.E. bent, warped rotors)
- Only at certain speeds - although I swear I could feel it a 40ish this morning - could be in my head though

I believe tranny, transfer case (unless someone show up with a 2x4 and the shake) or shafts.

Taking mine in as soon as the dealer locates a "loaner" vehicle.

Did you ever get this fixed? I have a 2015 that started doing this too? Same thing. The dealer blames the tires. BFG replaced a set for me. So now it’s 3 sets of tires doing the same shake. I think it’s the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine shakes, had it in for a rebalancing and no improvement. I'm running bfg at ko2. Never had any issues with the bfg tires I had on any other truck ever. Can't see it being a tire issue. Gotta be driveline. It's annoying as heck. Don't need this from a new vehicle.

Get it figured out? I have the same problem now.

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Eco diesel 4x4 that is doing the same thing. Dealer already replaced tires and the problem is still there. 60mph and higher it vibrates. Not in the steering wheel but floor, seats and truck body. Truck goes back in on Monday, hopefully they can pin point the problem. I traded my 2012 5.7 4x4 for this one and never had a problem with it. If anyone gets this figured out please let me know

Did you figure it out?

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No one knows we are collectively trying to come up with solutions through our ram service centers. Take that baby into the shop! Keep us updated. I'm going down to my local stealership tomm

Did they figure it out? My 2015 is doing same thing.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I sold my 2015 Sport and got a 2017 Larry. The 2017 Larry does not do it. So yes, I fixed the problem.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After living with it for a year I am out of ideas and agree the only way I see getting rid of it is trading it in. I have no need for a 3/4 ton I would prefer to have a straight axle again . I don't mind a truck looking and riding like a truck if thats what it takes.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
After living with it for a year I am out of ideas and agree the only way I see getting rid of it is trading it in. I have no need for a 3/4 ton I would prefer to have a straight axle again . I don't mind a truck looking and riding like a truck if thats what it takes.

Power Wagon

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree . It would go good with my Rubicon

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Power Wagon
Had to get me started didn't ya ... Finding a Power Wagon that I like and fits the bill is driving me nuts . Just my luck I like the 05 the first year the most but trying to find a mint one with sensible mileage is about like finding a winning lottery ticket .

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Had to get me started didn't ya ... Finding a Power Wagon that I like and fits the bill is driving me nuts . Just my luck I like the 05 the first year the most but trying to find a mint one with sensible mileage is about like finding a winning lottery ticket .

That vehicle is an absolute beast. If the new one could tow anything that is what I would own.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just drove a hundred miles each way to discover how well the PW fender flares hide rust, One down .

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have learned through educating myself on Power Wagons that my vibes may be from my BFG KO2's. I ran across a number of posts on 2500's where the KO2's created a vibration and it went away when switching brands. My vibes never started till I put them on and like mine rebalancing a number of times on different machines had no effect in the least. That led me to believe that maybe the weight of them brought the vibe out in something else in the chassis. I am going to install a set of tires and wheels from a friends 1500 and see what the effect is. I am pretty sure it will be better as they are stock size. I wish I could find a set of 35s either 17" or 20's. I have no problem buying new tires and wheels in 17 if that will fix it . I will also go with 17" in a 8 ply, no need for 10 ply 3/4 ton tires with next to no sidewalls on a 1500 that never has a full load in it.
Edit: I may hold off a couple weeks swapping tires as he has my Rancho quick lifts. Once they are on I think I can learn more by putting my tire/wheel on his truck .

Last edited:

Ramsolid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 v8 gasser
Has any one figured out this vibration issue ? I went thru 3 different categories of tires and still have it

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing consistent. I personally tried many things with no change. Then when you read of FCA buying back vehicles because they can't find an answer either ya kind of give up.

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am currently trying to convince the dealer it is their truck and not my KO2s. The stock tires were on when it started. Then a new set of BFG. The dealer swapped those tires for a set off of a truck on their lot. They said it took “most of the vibration away doing that”. So I got BFG to give me another new set of tires. Exact same shake. I’m either the most unlucky tire consumer ever or it’s the truck. The dealer has no idea where to look for the problem nor are they real interested in figuring it out.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That makes two of us as they replaced 2 of my KO2s stating they had hard spots and that was the cause. It made no difference at all so now I have two tires with a week more time on the truck . I think possibly the weight of a 10 ply 35-15.50-20 may of just made the vibration more prominent as their was a slight vibe before.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed Teraflex has a leveling kit with some pretty fancy shocks for Ram 1500 . Along with the shocks is some sort of a spacer looking thing that gets bolted into the rear cab mount . I asked about it in the comments section of their you tube video . I was just told that it has some effect on vibrations from the bed , I didn't know we had an issue with that . They say the trucks ride smoother. I asked if they could be bought separately. They look like they replace the big washer on the rear body mount under the cab . Food for thought being most of us seem to be chasing our tail .

watch

Fabrian

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn, Crew, 6.4 bed, Rambox, black appearance group
Engine
This thread has gone way off track. The OP RaginMad has a vibration issue that has nothing to do with tires.

I had the same issue with an 2018 bighorn that was replaced by FCA. I just received my replacement 2019 RAM 1500 and it does the same damn thing.

To the original poster RaginMad, did you ever resolve the issue? I too think I may be something to do with engine or exhaust harmonics/resonance. Getting desperate..

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done some experimenting recently on my truck. I think I have the same vibration.... Under light throttle around 2000-2300 rpm I fell the vibration in floor, gas pedal and steering wheel.

I used a vibration analysis app for my phone while holding my phone against the steering wheel while creating the vibration. It showed a frequency of about 133hz.

At 2000 rpm, first order vibration is 33hz. So 133 is basically a 4th order vibration... On a v8 engine 4th order is firing frequency. A good indication that the engine firing is exciting some other vibration.

Doing more research lead me to the fact that the diesel trucks get 3 extra mass dampers: 1 on the steering wheel, 1 on the back of the transfer case and 1 attached at the passenger differential mount

My theory is that those dampers will help the gassers too. I believe the vibration is "coming in" to the cab from the steering shaft which is linked to the frame. I have high hopes that the steering damper will help the issues but I do notice my issue gets worse with the truck in any form of 4wd so I think the diff damper might be necessary as well. The xfer case damper requires a different case half so that one isn't easily addable. The diff one can be bought but you need to remove the mounting bolts to install it. I already have a used steering wheel damper ready to go but haven't had the time to install it. I will report back my findings once I do.

Very late edit: do you now have a 2019 5th gen truck or a 2019 "classic" (classic being the same body style as the 18 it replaced)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited: