2016 Ram 1500 - Reg cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TareekWithaKay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello fellas,

I am a new member to the forum and would like to get to know more and more along the way with your expertise.

Recently I bought a 1500 Ram regular cab as I have been wanting to get a truck for a long time, and got mine finally.

open

It's a 4wd 5.7 Hemi truck, drives great and loving everyday with it!
It got a 2" inch lift from factory, Method rims with A/T tyres.

open

I love off-roading but I need to prep the truck first with equipment and all, and wanted to share with you all my questions, and I hope I get good feedback from you guys.

As most of the equipment will be put in the bed, and I like the bed uncovered (not the bedliner, getting that done soon) the top cover of the bed, i'm not a big fan of that. I want to get a toolbox to fit in the bed (6'4") without affecting the hooks on the bed floor in the corners. Any ideas of which one would be the best option would be appreciated.

Related to the toolbox, most of my off-road trails would be in the sand. Therefore getting the sand mats, and thinking of the mounts and the hi-lift jack. What do you guys think? If I install the toolbox, shall I mount the sand mats on the inside walls of the bed (one on each side) and the jack on the toolbox itself? Or sand mats on one side and the jack on the the other?

question - do I need the bed cover to have the rails for the mounts to hook on to or no need for that?

If you can provide me with links for the right mounts to use, preferably the ones that won't require a cover rail, that would be great!

Cosmetics:
-Is it worth getting a 2.5" leveling kit for the front or would it be damaging?
- Getting a fabricated front bumper similar to the Ram Runner bar bumper .. thought?

appreciate your feedback everyone.

Hope we'll all ride together one day!
cheers