2017 dodge ram 1500 redesign concept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morning fellas

Can anyone confirm or deny this 5th Gen ram 1500? I personally like it. Not a big difference, but you don't need to go crazy with redesigning every inch of the truck. As much as I love my truck, I'm holding out to see what the 5th Gen will look like in the next couple of years, then I might upgrade to a crewcab. Like the hood and bigger tires.

Your thoughs, ideas, suggestion?

uploadfromtaptalk1424789041504.jpg

2017 Ram 1500 Redesign and Concept | SitesCars

P.s. if I put this thread in the wrong area, please move it. I don't usually start threads so I apologize in advance.

2012 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4

*Bilstein 2.8" front
*Bilstein shocks on rear with 1" spacer
*Pioneer AVH 4300DVD head unit
*Polk Audio Dxi350 dash speakers
*Kicker 40CSS654 6 1/2" door speakers (x4)
*fox box 2-12" speakers holder for rear seats
*2-12" alpine subs (swe -1243l
*500 watt alpine mono sub
*LED 3rd tail light smoked
*Spyder LED smokes tail lights
havent even started on the engine..lol

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The way they already started changing the front grille on some 15-16 models makes me doubt that that is the new front end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I think the redesign will unfortunately have that stupid tailgate and grill off of the Rebel and that special addition truck they just came out with. Since RAM is hell bent on NOT being Dodge, I'm thinking at the very least it will do away with the crosshair grill.. :( I hope they don't as it makes the truck historic and shows its roots, and to this day - and days to come im sure people will still refer to it as a Dodge, not a RAM. I wish Fiat would stop pushing to split up their names, they are solely doing it for marketing and I think it will bite them in the ass if they push it further. Quality makes the brand better, not a name. at the end of the day its Dodge. Once word gets out these trucks are better and stronger than the last generation then the name RAM means nothing. same thing goes with SRT, its a Dodge, period.

What they need to do is make a Raptor version, long travel Bilstein (cant be Fox), 6.4L (not the hellcat motor, that **** is nuts no one needs that much power, and it will only make the truck too expensive) RC and QC 1500, with a tuned 8spd with 4.10's and electronic lockers, widen the stance. They have the tools, make it happen!

OP
OP
arod412

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't like that rebel grill or tailgate. I like the new Laramie longhorn grill. It's just giant X on the grill with the ram on it.

As far as the tailgate, I don't think they will put ram on it because if it splits in half. Then it will look stupid and goofy with R and half of the letter "A" on it.

I agree with you guys to make it more off road worthy with better shocks, and replace the god awful Goodyear tires.

2012 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4

*Bilstein 2.8" front
*Bilstein shocks on rear with 1" spacer
*Pioneer AVH 4300DVD head unit
*Polk Audio Dxi350 dash speakers
*Kicker 40CSS654 6 1/2" door speakers (x4)
*fox box 2-12" speakers holder for rear seats
*2-12" alpine subs (swe -1243l
*500 watt alpine mono sub
*LED 3rd tail light smoked
*Spyder LED smokes tail lights
havent even started on the engine..lol

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The normal trucks should stay equipped as is, adding shocks like that would up the price significantly, and as for all that other interior junk and tail lights, they already have those options, but I agree it should be standard in a Raptor version. Dodge needs to do something with the bed tho, make it easy to step up into. I love LOVE LOVE the new GM rear bumpers. I almost want to steal one, Ford has the stupid step thing, but all we have is RamBox..

As for the Goodyears.. well, every American truck has them. I have already replaced mine before 20k miles.. absolute junk

I wish I could brainstorm with Dodge, I think I could come up with some great ideas. A lot of this stuff is pretty basic, which is why im thinking Fiat is pressuring them to do some dumb stuff to change the brand.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sounds like a bull article. They said the standard motor is the 4.7 which was discontinued a year ago. They have little factual information listed so i do not believe this reflects rams ideas for the 2017s in anyway

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
That truck is a rendering of a hellcat 4th gen that's being built by some shop I think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corumba