2017 Longhorn arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beautiful new truck congratulations!

Thanks bud, I almost bought the same colour as you. I love that colour but my buddy has a 2015 Silverado with it, jus couldn't do it while ordering.

Last edited:

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks bud, I almost bought the same colour as you. I love that colour but my buddy has a 2015 Silverado with it, jus couldn't do it while ordering.

Has he been in your truck yet? If so how much is he selling the Silverado for? :roflsquared:

Nice truck!

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love my truck and I love my shift knob. Pretty sure there's a dedicated thread on the shift knob.....

Really? A thread just on the shift knob? lol To each his own. Feels cheap to me and I like the "feeling" of actually shifting into gear. Not to mention if you aren't paying attention and you have that radio with the dials, you could accidentally grab the dumb shift knob and lookout! Stupid thing. But I am glad you like it!

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really? A thread just on the shift knob? lol To each his own. Feels cheap to me and I like the "feeling" of actually shifting into gear. Not to mention if you aren't paying attention and you have that radio with the dials, you could accidentally grab the dumb shift knob and lookout! Stupid thing. But I am glad you like it!

Too bad you're hung up on this knob thing. It does what it is designed to do, R- means reverse, N- means neutral, D means drive forward. Love that dial knob..

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Too bad you're hung up on this knob thing. It does what it is designed to do, R- means reverse, N- means neutral, D means drive forward. Love that dial knob..

Agreed, only a complete retard would be confused by that. Our shift knob is one of my favorite features on this truck...it just frees up a lot of space.

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No he hasn't, but he's a die hard GM guy

I've got a few die hard GM friends, every single one of them hates the 2014+ GM trucks and have been holding onto their older ones. They've also all begrudgingly admitted how nice my truck is lol.

I've always been a Ford guy but I always put value for my money above brand loyalty, I test drove the F150 and the Ram, bought the Ram and I love it.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agreed, only a complete retard would be confused by that. Our shift knob is one of my favorite features on this truck...it just frees up a lot of space.

lol Really? Went with the old "retard" name calling... LOl Listen I don't like it, to me it is cheap feeling, in a poor location and at that point just make it a push button. I like my console shifter. It looks good, gives positive feedback when you shift, lets me manually shift if I want to and gives a comfortable spot for my hand when I drive. (I steer with my left and always have my right arm on the center console and hand on the shifter) Can you manually shift with your cute little knob? And you look silly holding on to it driving. LOl

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Yeah but I am sure there is something on the truck you have or one had had before that you just hated. No one likes everything the same, for me it is just a step backwards. To me it is ugly, provides no feedback and looks cheap to say the least. At that point just put in buttons to shift. That is all the dial is. Now my console is basically (I think) that but at least there is some positive feedback. And I can downshift and upshift when I want to. But again you like it and it is on your truck so that is all that really matters. Hopefully by the time I buy another truck they will give the option again for the center shifter. :)

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah but I am sure there is something on the truck you have or one had had before that you just hated. No one likes everything the same, for me it is just a step backwards. To me it is ugly, provides no feedback and looks cheap to say the least. At that point just put in buttons to shift. That is all the dial is. Now my console is basically (I think) that but at least there is some positive feedback. And I can downshift and upshift when I want to. But again you like it and it is on your truck so that is all that really matters. Hopefully by the time I buy another truck they will give the option again for the center shifter. :)

Yes those of us who have the shift knob can down shift and up shift from the steering wheel. Not an issue as far as I'm concerned, also leaves the centre console with a lot more storage. Win, Win for the knob.......

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes those of us who have the shift knob can down shift and up shift from the steering wheel. Not an issue as far as I'm concerned, also leaves the centre console with a lot more storage. Win, Win for the knob.......

I didn't remember that, but its still pushing a button to upshift/downshift, no feedback. As for storage, you mean more places for junk. lol This is a ******* match neither of us will win. I just wish the option will be there when I get a new one. :)

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lol Really? Went with the old "retard" name calling... LOl Listen I don't like it, to me it is cheap feeling, in a poor location and at that point just make it a push button. I like my console shifter. It looks good, gives positive feedback when you shift, lets me manually shift if I want to and gives a comfortable spot for my hand when I drive. (I steer with my left and always have my right arm on the center console and hand on the shifter) Can you manually shift with your cute little knob? And you look silly holding on to it driving. LOl

If you like console shifters then buy a truck that has one, also you can manually shift gears using buttons on you steering wheel. The rest of your concerns are just silly, do you really need to hold on to stuff while you drive? How about putting both hands on the steering wheel and paying attention to the road.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
well get over it the shift knob has been in the trucks for 4 years and counting 2018 will have it as well. but to all the techies on here figure out how to put paddle shift controls on the steering wheel to by pass the push buttons:roflsquared:

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just as an updated if anybody is interested. I've been driving this truck for 2 and a half weeks now and wanted to let the members know how I feel coming from a 2015 Outdoorsman 3.6 Pentastar. I love my new truck, 740 kms so far and the milage sucks here in the city. I love the ride of the 4 corner air ride suspension. The interior is second to non. The torque and power of the engine is without question unremarkable. I can see that this truck will be very good doing highway driving, the majority of mine from here on in. The combination of CC and 6.4 bed has been very pleasing. My friends laugh at me when I say this is my keeper but I do believe it is. Time will tell. Don't mean to rant, but I'll be posting some updates about my ownership of this truck as time passes us by. Cheers