2019 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks pretty much the same to me, planning on keeping my 13 for awhile anyways.

I think thats the test mule for the next Megacab....this doesn't look like the description they are mentioning.

Couple of notes though: Back to horizontal fogs...wasn't the move to vertical for aerodynamics? Guess not. Headlights with the grill? Hmmm

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I just bought a 2016 version. I only care what is new in the 2026 model.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
It they don't do a full on redesign my next truck will be a Ford. I don't care what anyone says, Ford is WAY ahead of Ram in terms of technology. Massaging seats, 4 way camera, panoramic roof, power tailgate, LED lights just to name a few.

I really home Ram steps up and adds new tech to the trucks. Like even the Dodge cars get HID's from the factory now. Don't even get me started on the payload! (My truck has 950 lbs payload...)

With an F-150 diesel being spotted, Ram will be in trouble if they don't step up to the plate, and I hope they do!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I saw a video earlier that said they're staying with all steel. I'm really disappointed with that decision. I was hoping at minimum aluminum doors, fenders, bumper reinforcements (for sport models, granted that's most likely a different IIHS test). Hopefully, it's still early enough to change that decision. I'm betting on blind spot monitoring & adaptive cruise available also. HID should be a no brainer by now. Full led would be nice. Why do other Mopar model refreshes get full led but ram doesn't?? Trucks are the biggest financial padding for any maker, it's easy enough to bury the cost of that upgrade. Plus android & Apple auto are coming to some models for next year, hoping ram gets that's that upgrade too.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It they don't do a full on redesign my next truck will be a Ford. I don't care what anyone says, Ford is WAY ahead of Ram in terms of technology. Massaging seats, 4 way camera, panoramic roof, power tailgate, LED lights just to name a few.

I really home Ram steps up and adds new tech to the trucks. Like even the Dodge cars get HID's from the factory now. Don't even get me started on the payload! (My truck has 950 lbs payload...)

With an F-150 diesel being spotted, Ram will be in trouble if they don't step up to the plate, and I hope they do!

I agree with you. I feel that Ram has been slow to really develop and improve their design. In my opinion Ford has really been pushing hard to make their truck better. I would like a regular cab F-150 (short bed) with a turbo v-8 :happy107: I guess I would take the turbo V-6 (then do an intake, exhaust and tune). Though I must say, I really do love the Hemi motor.

Plus I really hate the Ram's rear suspension set-up. I think they are the only 1500 class that does not run leaf-springs.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree with you. I feel that Ram has been slow to really develop and improve their design. In my opinion Ford has really been pushing hard to make their truck better. I would like a regular cab F-150 (short bed) with a turbo v-8 :happy107: I guess I would take the turbo V-6 (then do an intake, exhaust and tune). Though I must say, I really do love the Hemi motor.

Plus I really hate the Ram's rear suspension set-up. I think they are the only 1500 class that does not run leaf-springs.

It's called milking margin. R&D and "freshening" dilute profits. The current RAM has been a cash cow for FCA so until the market dictates that they offer something else, (they lose sales in other words), don't expect any paradigm design or engineering changes.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Isn't that what they are advertising, that they are the only truck using coil springs and that is why the Ram has a better ride? They seem to be proud of that. At least that is the way it seemed to me when I was looking.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's called milking margin. R&D and "freshening" dilute profits. The current RAM has been a cash cow for FCA so until the market dictates that they offer something else, (they lose sales in other words), don't expect any paradigm design or engineering changes.

This *1000! I've said it on several other threads now, FCA is milking this design HARD! No significant changes since 09. Look at the other Detroit trucks...Ford and GM have constantly 'freshened' their trucks almost annually. While FCA sits and banks on their cashcow. I wont ever drive a Ford, so my next truck could be GM....if I can get past them wheel wells lol.

Look at what's going on in the company....They have reached in the parts bin and started slapping **** on and call them new packages. The Nightrunner is a black express grill and wheels. The Challenger/Charger TA's are basically Hellcat parts and stickers. Dart = dead. Honestly, FCA is ******* up. I don't know who is sitting in these meetings, but someone needs to light a fire in Sergio's ass or be prepared to lose revenue.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't that what they are advertising, that they are the only truck using coil springs and that is why the Ram has a better ride? They seem to be proud of that. At least that is the way it seemed to me when I was looking.

Yes. They do advertise it as such (that the coil springs are better). Except in my experience thus far it is not. My buddies 2015 F-150 king ranch handles better. It feels more planted when taking turns (especially turns on the highway when you hit an expansion joint. My ram **prior to suspension upgrades** had a tendency to waggle a lot. Quite unsettling. His truck is just solid....)

Also, what I found out when I was attempting to lower my truck is that it is generally easier to lower a leaf spring rear end than the coil spring (maybe it would not be so difficult if there was larger aftermarket support for these trucks **for lowering kits**) but it still stands that there is not a good complete kit to lower these trucks. Even components people thought were good (I.E. the adjustable Spohn upper/lower control arms) people are finding out that they have lots of issues (again an issue that would not exist if it had leaf spring).

That is my experience. People may say differently but I feel my buddies vehicle (and another friends truck - silverado) feel more planted.

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The coils are awesome in the 2500. Holds up weight way better than my old F250 did. Where the F250 was pushed way down with weight, the coils on the Ram hold the weight up excellent.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I understand the whole (if you put more money into R/D your profit margin is less assuming you are not selling more vehicles.) Though to basically say "hey, they aren't losing sales so they do not need to (or at least they have not felt the need to) put more money into R/D and bring new features or benefits to this truck does not make sense to me. Ford has by far the largest hold on the truck market. Way bigger than Ram and yet they are still one of the most innovative and trying to bring new updates to their trucks. Maybe that is why they sell the most? (or at least a contributing factor)

Auto industry sets all-time sales record in 2015

"Topping the sales charts in 2015 was Ford’s F-Series with 780,354 sold. That made it America’s best-selling pickup for 39 consecutive years and the best-selling vehicle for 34 straight years." Clearly they are doing something right. I think the idea of trying to constantly improve your product is what keeps you on top (with anything... sports, technology, etc.)

Did the market dictate that Ford produce an all aluminum body? I mean, no one else has done anything like this at all (and they did it for weight saving= fuel economy) So what is the push? Fuel economy? Ok. Ford was the first to offer a turbo V6 in a truck (to my knowledge in ***recent years***). They get V8 power and V6 fuel economy. Did the market dictate that? Maybe? My point is that Ford seems to come out with this stuff before others and then other manufacturers hop on board.

I think part of what Ford does is understand (to some level) what the market wants (and even things the market does not know they want because it does not exist yet... I.E. the ecoboost V6.) and creates that and consumers then say "yea, we like having V8 power with V6 fuel economy".

IMO the Ram has done well primarily because the trucks offer good value (more bang for the buck) and the Hemi motor (among all the manufacturers I like this motor the best. Until Ford comes out with a 5.0 Ecoboost motor).

There is only one other truck I would buy and that is a 2017 Raptor and unfortunately I do not make enough money to buy one right now. :(

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I agree. My last truck was a Harley Davidson F150 & I loved it.

The main reason I didn't get a Ford this time was I've always like the 4th Gen Ram design & wanted to give it a try.

The other reason is that Ford hasn't worked out the kinks with the aluminum body & galvanic corrosion from the dissimilar materials (aluminum & steel) being bonded together. They also have a huge problem with their panoramic sunroofs leaking.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Saw a 2017 F250 CC Lariat on the freeway the other day and damm...that thing was nice as hell.

If I was in the market today that'd be the one sittin in my driveway.

Lifted of course.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I believe Ram does a excellent job of offering a TRUCK. Not a fancied up, Escalade, or Denali Variant, but a Truck.

Luke

I tend to agree with this. Of course I grew up in an era when "fancy" or a high optioned truck was power windows, AC and cruise control. Nowadays everybody wants the fluff that really adds nothing to the working aspect of what a truck is suppose to be about, hauling/towing.

I suspect FCA management has faced the facts that they will always be third loser behind Ford and GM but so long as they can still make and sell 300K+ units, their bottom line will be happy.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i remember AC wasnt standard. messaging seats ect.... i will stick with ram.

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate the F150. I drove it and it felt like driving a station wagon instead of my Ram, which feels more stout. I absolutely cannot stand the Ford's headlight/grill integration, or lack thereof. It's ugly.

You can buy a $60k version and look right thru the wheel wells...no liners. The icing on the cake is GM's TV commercial comparing their trucks' beds to the F150's. No thank you, Ford.

I love the Ram's rear suspension. It's the most advanced one available in a half ton. The Ram's ride quality was one of the reasons I bought one.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I hate the F150. I drove it and it felt like driving a station wagon instead of my Ram, which feels more stout. I absolutely cannot stand the Ford's headlight/grill integration, or lack thereof. It's ugly.

You can buy a $60k version and look right thru the wheel wells...no liners. The icing on the cake is GM's TV commercial comparing their trucks' beds to the F150's. No thank you, Ford.

I love the Ram's rear suspension. It's the most advanced one available in a half ton. The Ram's ride quality was one of the reasons I bought one.
Unless you're referring to the stock air ride, there is nothing advanced about a coil rear end..lol