2019 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate the F150. I drove it and it felt like driving a station wagon instead of my Ram, which feels more stout. I absolutely cannot stand the Ford's headlight/grill integration, or lack thereof. It's ugly.

You can buy a $60k version and look right thru the wheel wells...no liners. The icing on the cake is GM's TV commercial comparing their trucks' beds to the F150's. No thank you, Ford.

I love the Ram's rear suspension. It's the most advanced one available in a half ton. The Ram's ride quality was one of the reasons I bought one.

Are you familiar with the Ram Death wobble?

My trucks ride quality definitely feels lesser to that of my buddies F-150 King Ranch. Though that is my experience.

Have you taken highway turns and hit an expansion joint? You're truck doesn't waggle around on you? My 2014 Lonestar CCSB did and my 2016 R/T RCSB did the same thing (prior to me lowering/upgrading the suspension).

Also I believe the F-150 has a higher payload capacity than the Ram 1500. Not that I even care about that as I just haul typically at most 600 lbs., but I know many do.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Are you familiar with the Ram Death wobble?

My trucks ride quality definitely feels lesser to that of my buddies F-150 King Ranch. Though that is my experience.

Have you taken highway turns and hit an expansion joint? You're truck doesn't waggle around on you? My 2014 Lonestar CCSB did and my 2016 R/T RCSB did the same thing (prior to me lowering/upgrading the suspension).

Also I believe the F-150 has a higher payload capacity than the Ram 1500. Not that I even care about that as I just haul typically at most 600 lbs., but I know many do.

Every truck and every brand has their own version of "death wobble". 3rd gen 2500s had it bad. Older chevy 1500s had it bad too.
The word death wobble itself is overplayed. Sure my ass end will hop around on the highway because there is practically no weight over the rear axle. But rams are not the only truck to hop around like that...

Add a few sand bags back there if you really feel that you will die from this terrible wobble....just sayin :supergay:

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Every truck and every brand has their own version of "death wobble". 3rd gen 2500s had it bad. Older chevy 1500s had it bad too.
The word death wobble itself is overplayed. Sure my ass end will hop around on the highway because there is practically no weight over the rear axle. But rams are not the only truck to hop around like that...

Add a few sand bags back there if you really feel that you will die from this terrible wobble....just sayin :supergay:

Do new Chevy 1500's have it? Do new F-150's have it? Vehicles generally progress and get better through time. Hence if a vehicle used to have an issue (death wobble), hopefully R/D fixed it. The videos I have seen of NEW Ram 2500's with death wobble are insane. Yea... they definitely look like you are going to lose control. IMO no 2014+ vehicle should act like that.

1. I do not think I will die from it but it sure as hell will make you pucker up. Especially when driving next to a concrete barrier, the last thing you want is your trucks rear moving around.

2. The thought of "Hey, your truck can handle better (really just handle like a normal vehicle should) by throwing in a few 50 lb. sand bags in your bed. What? I just want it to handle better regardless.

3. I'm not talking about driving the truck like I am road racing. I am talking normal driving conditions/speeds.

My buddy pushes his F-150 hard on turns (both slow speed and high speed turns) and I have never felt his truck wobble at all even when he hits big/****** expansion joints.

Mine on the other hand did. Now I can not attest to whether it does handle better with weight in the bed because typically the only thing I haul is my motorcycle and I drive like a grandma when it is loaded up.

Which is pretty much the point I have been making the whole time. I do not think the coil spring suspension is superior to the F-150 leaf spring based on how my friends truck drives vs mine. His truck is bone stock.

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never had the symptoms of the death wobble. In addition to coil springs, we also have air suspension and Panhard bars. Don't see many other trucks out there with those.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see a big problem with sticking with a design for 10+ years considering most of us plan on keeping a truck for 10+ years...it's nice to have an older truck that is still a current design! Now I will say that tech and gadgets need to be updated every year! I'm all about vehicle gadgets and features, LOL! Also, make new features available for purchase and installation on older trucks!

Last edited:

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't need all the tech but a refresh and bump in power would be nice. I feel like the new ecoboost is gonna eat the hemis lunch.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I don't need all the tech but a refresh and bump in power would be nice. I feel like the new ecoboost is gonna eat the hemis lunch.
Even the first generation ecoboost would spank a Hemi. Those engines are damn fast!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Even the first generation ecoboost would spank a Hemi. Those engines are damn fast!

Yep. But I feel they were at least close. Those new motors are making alot more torque. If I buy my wife a 1500 it's probably gonna be a 10 speed eco f150.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aluminum or steel i don't care. Whether or not the ecoboost could spank a hemi i don't care. The 8.4 with uconnect system in the current Ram is good enough for me. I want to see better paint and better headlights from the factory. Other than that i'm happy with the current Ram trucks. If they upped the power and gas mileage that'd be a plus. IMO for the money Ram is hard to beat and they are IMO the best looking trucks out there.

Guy who drives truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Express CC
Engine
"Hemi" 5.7
I just hope they continue the Power Wagon with the next generation platform. Very much could see that as my next purchase in a couple of years. Pending what they release isn't a complete ***** of a vehicle. FCA has quickly earned a history of "what the Hell are they doing" moments. *fingers crossed

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would imagine the tech could come before a re-design. The Pacifica has around view, and auto cruise, braking, and blind spot are available on pretty much everything. Those would be easy to integrate and milk the body style longer.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand the whole (if you put more money into R/D your profit margin is less assuming you are not selling more vehicles.) Though to basically say "hey, they aren't losing sales so they do not need to (or at least they have not felt the need to) put more money into R/D and bring new features or benefits to this truck does not make sense to me. Ford has by far the largest hold on the truck market. Way bigger than Ram and yet they are still one of the most innovative and trying to bring new updates to their trucks. Maybe that is why they sell the most? (or at least a contributing factor)

Auto industry sets all-time sales record in 2015

"Topping the sales charts in 2015 was Ford’s F-Series with 780,354 sold. That made it America’s best-selling pickup for 39 consecutive years and the best-selling vehicle for 34 straight years." Clearly they are doing something right. I think the idea of trying to constantly improve your product is what keeps you on top (with anything... sports, technology, etc.)

Did the market dictate that Ford produce an all aluminum body? I mean, no one else has done anything like this at all (and they did it for weight saving= fuel economy) So what is the push? Fuel economy? Ok. Ford was the first to offer a turbo V6 in a truck (to my knowledge in ***recent years***). They get V8 power and V6 fuel economy. Did the market dictate that? Maybe? My point is that Ford seems to come out with this stuff before others and then other manufacturers hop on board.

I think part of what Ford does is understand (to some level) what the market wants (and even things the market does not know they want because it does not exist yet... I.E. the ecoboost V6.) and creates that and consumers then say "yea, we like having V8 power with V6 fuel economy".

IMO the Ram has done well primarily because the trucks offer good value (more bang for the buck) and the Hemi motor (among all the manufacturers I like this motor the best. Until Ford comes out with a 5.0 Ecoboost motor).

There is only one other truck I would buy and that is a 2017 Raptor and unfortunately I do not make enough money to buy one right now. :(

Actually it's a common misconception that Ford has the largest hold on the truck market and that they have the best selling pickup truck. That's marketing jargon that Ford wants us all to believe. This is due to the fact that they track the sales numbers by specific brand and model, as opposed to platform. If you combine the Chevy and GMC annual sales of the Silverado and Sierra lines, GM has far greater annual sales numbers than Ford and has for quite a while now. Just goes to show how much we all fall for marketing hype as opposed to what the actual data shows.

I have felt what some call the death wobble on the highway on gradual higher speed turns. It's manageable but it does get my attention as I do feel it in the steering and suspension and sometimes it can noticeably jerk the steering wheel and requires immediate correction.

Since this is my first pickup, I can't really say if I would like either a GM or a Ford model better. I did come close to buying a new 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT All Terrain with all options and it was a nice truck, but I just couldn't justify the monthly cost even after all of the rebates available at the time.

I found RAM to offer a nice mix of features and capabilities for less money overall, and I've always wanted a Hemi powered vehicle. I also think that RAM looks the best of all of the pickups, and the Rambox system is great for weekend errands, surf fishing, mobile drink coolers, and a bunch of other activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have all the tech I could ever want in my 15 R/T. I grew up in the age when a/c was called opening your window at 65 mph. To me if I wanted tech I would buy a Caddy, if I wanted a speed burner I would buy a GT350R. Personally I purchased the R/T because of its look and the Hemi growl. Oh back to the tech thing I finally figured out how to pair my new phone to the truck, tech is not all that important me. Yippy kai yeah.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would imagine the tech could come before a re-design. The Pacifica has around view, and auto cruise, braking, and blind spot are available on pretty much everything. Those would be easy to integrate and milk the body style longer.

This.

Let's look at FCA's approach as of late: Take parts off the counter, some stickers, and apply to a current vehicle and call it something new (aka the TA, the Nightrunner, etc).

So...how hard how it be to incorporate some LED fog lights, LED running lights in the current headlamps, HIDS with the current projectors, Android/Apple car play into the 8.4 (like '17 Charger/Challengers are getting), Different grill, illuminated cup holders, etc. ALL of this is within reason and within their current FCA lineup. The fact RAM is not offering a HID option at this time frame is pure ridiculousness. Or LED fog lamps. No major retooling required. Seems FCA is content with the RAM brand to sit back and not improve annually with its other FCA vehicles.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
We can definitely complain but I feel ram isn't that far behind. Like said above we have ram boxes, smoother coil ride, way better interior storage (floor/underseat), almost 30mpg with ecodiesel, first 8 speed in a truck, uconnect>sync , hemi>gm 5.3 (6.2 is only available in top models), the 6.4 hemi was the strongest 2500 gasser until ford just upped their 6.2, we have cummins and I'm sure there are more.
I feel like everyone is just catching up to ram. Now it is time for them to take the lead back.
I'd like to see better payload in the 1500s. I'd like to see over 400 horsepower and torque with the 5.7 hemi. I'd like to see an 8 speed with the heavy duty gassers.

I love how my truck looks. Interior and exterior. I traded a 2013 f150 for my 2016 2500 back in March. I still think it is the best looking truck on the road. I would like to see a similar looking redesign with maybe some sharper edges. Kinda like how ford went with their 2015 f150s.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I feel the Ram 1500 needs to find better payload.

I'm not a big believer in all aluminum body yet. Saves weight, but as pointed before aluminum doesn't rust, but it will corrode and it acts like an anode when in contact with steel if no cathodic protection is used.

I'm also not completely sold on current direct injected gas motors long term. With PCV and EGR being introduced in the intake tract, there needs to be a way to clean the intake valves of deposits without pulling the top end and manually doing it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
It they don't do a full on redesign my next truck will be a Ford. I don't care what anyone says, Ford is WAY ahead of Ram in terms of technology. Massaging seats, 4 way camera, panoramic roof, power tailgate, LED lights just to name a few.

I really home Ram steps up and adds new tech to the trucks. Like even the Dodge cars get HID's from the factory now. Don't even get me started on the payload! (My truck has 950 lbs payload...)

With an F-150 diesel being spotted, Ram will be in trouble if they don't step up to the plate, and I hope they do!

I am not against a redesign, and the payload definitely needs addressed. At least offer a high GVW package. However, speaking as someone who didn't even have a truck with power steering until 1986, I could not give a rat's patootie about automatic ass wipers, massagers, ****** checkers, nav, and other superfluous ********. It is an effing truck. Each to his own, as they say.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I am not against a redesign, and the payload definitely needs addressed. At least offer a high GVW package. However, speaking as someone who didn't even have a truck with power steering until 1986, I could not give a rat's patootie about automatic ass wipers, massagers, ****** checkers, nav, and other superfluous ********. It is an effing truck. Each to his own, as they say.
Yes it's a truck, but when you're paying over $60,000 for that truck it damn well better have features that other 60k vehicles have. If you don't want all that stuff, buy the cheaper model that doesn't have it.