2019 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could not give a rat's patootie about automatic ass wipers, massagers, ****** checkers, nav, and other superfluous ********. It is an effing truck. Each to his own, as they say.

Lol

This actually brings up a good point...

I believe your last sentence is spot on.

A truck fits everyone's needs(wants) differently. Even if they were by design intended to be used as a work(haul,tow..etc..) vehicle.

Myself as well as probably a good 80-90 percent of guys on this forum probably do not use their trucks for work purposes (and most will never admit it) As much as I'd like to be able to use my truck for more things...in reality..it usually sits in my garage collecting dust. I occasionally go offroad, tow my quads to the desert and such. But for the most part it only sees pavement. YES....even though it's lifted. So in my case, I can't really justify a NEED for having a truck...but Really more of just a want.

So getting back to my point....for "work" purposes....the ram may be more oriented towards being a "trucks truck" as some have pointed out and not as focused on the little doo-dads and whatnots but I think as things get more advanced the market for the more "modern" look or "technology" based consumer is going to take over.

And Ram better be paying attention before it's too late.

Ramble over lol

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol

This actually brings up a good point...

I believe your last sentence is spot on.

A truck fits everyone's needs(wants) differently. Even if they were by design intended to be used as a work(haul,tow..etc..) vehicle.

Myself as well as probably a good 80-90 percent of guys on this forum probably do not use their trucks for work purposes (and most will never admit it) As much as I'd like to be able to use my truck for more things...in reality..it usually sits in my garage collecting dust. I occasionally go offroad, tow my quads to the desert and such. But for the most part it only sees pavement. YES....even though it's lifted. So in my case, I can't really justify a NEED for having a truck...but Really more of just a want.

So getting back to my point....for "work" purposes....the ram may be more oriented towards being a "trucks truck" as some have pointed out and not as focused on the little doo-dads and whatnots but I think as things get more advanced the market for the more "modern" look or "technology" based consumer is going to take over.

And Ram better be paying attention before it's too late.

Ramble over lol

You're so right.

For most of us on these forums it's definitely WANT over NEED.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
2019 may be a good time for me to step it up to the 3500 MC with Cummins from what I have now.

I like the Ford product but here is where I run into problems. I have a very nice 3/4 ton Laramie MC shown in the sig line below. I got it for <$50K OTD. Pretty much all the bells and whistles you can get less the sun roof. Now my brother just bought an F150 Platinum Edition. Have not seen it yet and I'm sure it is nice but he is more than $60K OTD, for a freaking 1/2 ton. Me I can justify that for any reason.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm not brand loyal but I do buy the most truck my dollar will buy and I buy the cheapest truck that will do what I need it to do (hard part is trying to estimate what I want it to do). Assuming RAM doesn't stop all the deep discounts, the ford comparison holds true. If FCA does a complete redesign, we could lose all of the discount as they start selling closer to sticker. Then the 1/2 ton RAMs may start creeping into the Ford/GM price range. Only getting $3,000 off sticker vs $12,000 off sticker would have changed my decision making for sure.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not brand loyal but I do buy the most truck my dollar will buy and I buy the cheapest truck that will do what I need it to do (hard part is trying to estimate what I want it to do). Assuming RAM doesn't stop all the deep discounts, the ford comparison holds true. If FCA does a complete redesign, we could lose all of the discount as they start selling closer to sticker. Then the 1/2 ton RAMs may start creeping into the Ford/GM price range. Only getting $3,000 off sticker vs $12,000 off sticker would have changed my decision making for sure.

They do this every year. Prices are high when the model year first rolls out, and then drop all year long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
2019 may be a good time for me to step it up to the 3500 MC with Cummins from what I have now.

I like the Ford product but here is where I run into problems. I have a very nice 3/4 ton Laramie MC shown in the sig line below. I got it for <$50K OTD. Pretty much all the bells and whistles you can get less the sun roof. Now my brother just bought an F150 Platinum Edition. Have not seen it yet and I'm sure it is nice but he is more than $60K OTD, for a freaking 1/2 ton. Me I can justify that for any reason.
Well for reference, my Ram was 57K before taxes, and the F-150 Platinum I looked at was 58K with a lot more options. The Ram suited me better, which is why I bought it. Not much of a price difference in Canada between the two though. My 57K was with just over $18,000 off MSRP.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now my brother just bought an F150 Platinum Edition. Have not seen it yet and I'm sure it is nice but he is more than $60K OTD, for a freaking 1/2 ton. Me I can justify that for any reason.

Think of all bee... I mean soda pop an aluminum can that size can carry.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another reason I'm not really sold on aluminum body is for towing. Less weight is beneficial for payload, but when you are towing BIG weight and only 20% of that is being added to your tow vehicle I prefer to have more weight on my vehicle axles.

For example. If a new F150 weighs 5000, and old weighed 5700. Both are rated to tow max 12,000lbs. At scales with 20% pin weight trailer axles are 9600. New F150 only has 7400 on drive and steer axles, old has 8100.

I prefer to not go much over 50/50 split.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited: