3 turns to start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This past weekend I was out running errands and at one stop I jumped in, turned the key and nothing (dash lit up but no start). I turned key all the way off, back to start and same thing, nothing. I pulled the key out, flipped it over, put it back in, turned it and the truck fired up. Anyone ever experience that? My 2015 2500 is about to turn 30k miles.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A lot of funny things like that used to happen to me with my '12 column shifter...if it wasn't jiggled into park a certain way, key would get stuck, wouldn't crank, etc..

IMO

OP
OP
2015HD

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny you should mention that, my shifter has been making noticeable click as soon as I apply any pressure to move it from park. I'm guessing the ignition / park shift interlock is out of sorts. Another thing to add to the list for my first trip back to the dealer.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
This past weekend I was out running errands and at one stop I jumped in, turned the key and nothing (dash lit up but no start). I turned key all the way off, back to start and same thing, nothing. I pulled the key out, flipped it over, put it back in, turned it and the truck fired up. Anyone ever experience that? My 2015 2500 is about to turn 30k miles.

Hi 2015HD,

I was unable to find any TSBs that might address this intermittent no start concern, but I would recommend taking the truck to your local servicing dealership to see if they can pull any stored codes to help them identify the cause of this concern. Please let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling a service appointment. I'd be happy to help!

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I had a 14 that a couple times had this happen. What I figured it to be is that I put my key in and it didn't go all they way in and it would still turn and light up the dash but no crank. I took the key out and actually one time it didnt want to come out. But once I got it out and put it back in worked perfect. I felt it was me putting the key in and turning it to fast before I could put it all the way in.