4 Cylinder RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ran across this article today. They say it's a 4 cylinder, but I can't really tell. It's supposed to make around 300 hp, but I hate the idea of a 4 banger in a fullsize truck. I'm sure some people will think it's great and with the increasing mpg standards it will probably be necessary. I just hope they don't get rid of the v-8 for a turbo 6. Pumping in fake engine noise and a v-6 would be horrible(I'm looking at you Ford). There just isn't anything like the real sound and feel of a v-8. I think a smaller twin turbo v-8 would be acceptable though.:naughty:

Ram 1500 spied testing with turbocharged four-cylinder engine

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Federal fuel economy standards? lol. I would literally put money on it that will go out the window within the next year, given the current administrations take on environmental issues.

From an economy standpoint, I think it's a good idea. Plenty of people (that never use a truck as a truck) would be fine with that engine.

I regularly have two passengers and cargo in my truck. I can feel the acceleration difference with that (often) 600+ lb load. I imagine that would be even more pronounced with almost 100 less hp.

deerhunt799

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since they are comparing the output numbers to that of the current V-6, my guess is that it would be the base motor.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
God forbid they touch the Hemi, these suits behind this nightmare who couldnt tell you the difference between the 3.0 ecodiesel and the 6.7 Cummins until you say their two favorite things. EPA requlations and fuel economy i swear it is the most idiotic thing in the world to focus so much on these things vs. what people who actually own Rams i bet you anything they dont even drive trucks at all they probably drive fiat 500's and thats a big vehicle to them. Rant over.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ibtl

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It would have to work pretty hard to push the weight of a full size truck. I don't see it.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There is nothing in those pictures that looks like a 4cyl. Looks like the exact same air intake as a hemi.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
if it's a 4 banger diesel like a 4bt yeah but a 4 cylinder gas engine in a 4500+ pound truck is stupid. it's going to be a bigger slug than a worn out 3.9 magnum in a longbed 2nd gen. With heavy trucks torque needs to be the main focus. this 4 cylinder must be in a regular cab short bed truck non 4x4 or else it'll be very bad. But, dodge will be sinking into Toyota territory so they must come correct!

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If only they would put the 3 cylinder from the Mitsu Mirage (75ish hp same torquish number) especially leaving it n/a I would be all over that on my next R/T. What????????????? seriously?????????? Just imagine the mileage I would get and would not ever have to worry about the 1/4-0-60 times. "THAT THING GOTTA HEMI?" Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nope.