4WD Buttons not working-OOPs, my fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Just thought I'd share a little problem I had today. Had to make a 75 mile trip the morning. When I left the house there was a couple of inches of snow. So I thought I'll put the transfer case in "auto 4WD". As I left my home I pushed the button. Hmm, well that's not working and there's no light even showing what position it's in. But I was sure in was in 2WD. I thought maybe just a glitch. Maybe it'll reset when I restart it.
After my appointment and 75 miles or so, I restarted and, hmm, no light again. So on my way back home I'm thinking I'm going to have to take it to the dealer for troubleshooting.
Oh, let me mention I had no service light on, which I thought was a little odd.
As I was driving home it occurred to me that I had removed my console & the dash bezel from the truck the previous week. (I was looking for what sounds like a metal screw rolling around in the plastic duct work.)
When I got home, I pulled the top of the console off. Reached up where the transfer case switch is, and by now you all know, the plug was just hanging there! I missed plugging it in when I reassembled the dash bezel.
Life is good again!

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That damn BW44-44 strikes again...