The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
ye what I said may not be useful for YOU, but it is useful for those who understand the physics involved in large tires and gear ratios.

REALLY? A 50, 000 lb ghost trailer? Usefull?

And I understand the physics of larger tires and how they affect gear ratios. But not everyone lifts or puts larger tires on there trucks. Might come as a surprise to you, but lots of people keep there trucks stock, and actually tow and use there truck for something other than a grocery getter, or a toy. My post was for the guys who stated thay plan on using there truck to tow a TT, and were not sure of the gears to get.

I did the lifts and larger tire, exhaust mods many years ago. I'm well past that stage, and leave that to the younger crowd.....

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Wow. Someone has their panties in a bunch. Lol. Correct me if I'm wrong. But those of us that bought these 6.4L HEMI trucks when they first came out started this thread to talk about anything and everything about our trucks. Not just one topic. We have been trying and trying to get a sub-group just for our trucks since December 2013 with no avail. But to bash someone for making posts about their wants on their truck is just Ludacris. Lol. To each their own. I tow a lot with mine as well do others and we've lifted and put bigger tires on ours. And I've always wondered about how changing tire sizes would impact my gearing ratio. But never looked in to doing the math on it. But anywho. Don't just bash someone for their taste in mods on their trucks.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Wow. Someone has their panties in a bunch. Lol. Correct me if I'm wrong. But those of us that bought these 6.4L HEMI trucks when they first came out started this thread to talk about anything and everything about our trucks. Not just one topic. We have been trying and trying to get a sub-group just for our trucks since December 2013 with no avail. But to bash someone for making posts about their wants on their truck is just Ludacris. Lol. To each their own. I tow a lot with mine as well do others and we've lifted and put bigger tires on ours. And I've always wondered about how changing tire sizes would impact my gearing ratio. But never looked in to doing the math on it. But anywho. Don't just bash someone for their taste in mods on their trucks.

I only responded to a post. I never bashed anyone for doing what they want with there rigs. Its there money. Lift it, paint it, smash it. I don't care. I've done some crazy stuff to my rigs when I was younger, so belive me, I get it.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tow with mine, and it will be lifted slightly eventually. That's my one hesitance is the exhaust for when I tow. Shooting for a dual out the sides when someone makes a box kit.

Though it does look like mpg has suffered a smidge with adding the little bigger Nitto

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I tow with mine, and it will be lifted slightly eventually. That's my one hesitance is the exhaust for when I tow. Shooting for a dual out the sides when someone makes a box kit.

Though it does look like mpg has suffered a smidge with adding the little bigger Nitto

Look into kits designed for diesels. Essentially the same thing. Dpf back kits start around 250. Which starts just about where the muffler starts on our trucks.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't think diesels would have duals out the sides, and don't want ungodly huge diameters. But will look more into it - can't hurt.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just simply change the muffler out with the 409 SS version of the flowmaster 50 series hd 3.5" offset in 3.5" opposite offset out. Added a short piece if filler pipe in front to make up the difference in length. Used the factory pipe from the output back including pipe over axle, resonator, and tailpipe. I did however turn the tailpipe up slightly to tuck it up and it off the way. By doing this it also got the resonator up and less obnoxious looking. I then painted the resonator and tailpipe with high temp black paint. Total cost about $200

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Didn't think diesels would have duals out the sides, and don't want ungodly huge diameters. But will look more into it - can't hurt.

I believe ours starts at 4". You can find split rear exit 4" kits

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

6.4 dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
You will get some drone towing with the mufflex setup. I pull anywhere from 6000# to 16,000# weekly and get drone when the rpms are low.

w6pea

U.S.Marine Corps Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 "Laramie" 4x2 CC/LB SRW 6.7L CTD Leer 122 Campershell
Engine
6.7L IL6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I vote this post as the most useless so far this yr.... Congrats:crazy:

I second that motion and I haven't been here that long.:grd:

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
It is 3.5" from the y-pipe back.
Yes. It is 3½“ from the Y pipe to the tips. And it's 2½“ off the headers to the Y pipe. I had mine cut at the Y pipe and after the catalytic converters and had 3" true duals all the way back. Or it may be 3½" all the way back now. To long ago to remember. My only complaint is when I am towing the sound from the exhaust comes straight back at the truck. I had mine go straight out the back. I may have it redone this spring and have it go out the sides just in front of the tires or behind them. I am running 40 series Flowmaster. And love the sound. Everyone knows it's a big HEMI and not a 5.7 when I pull out.

British ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Well the reason I bought my truck is I've got a small ***** lol need something big lol no was treated so good when test drove one in usa then dodge brought out the new 6.4 out so had to have one and it was nice to b the first one to have one in the UK ( I think ? ) keep the forum going please don't let it get to ****** lol

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well the reason I bought my truck is I've got a small ***** lol need something big lol no was treated so good when test drove one in usa then dodge brought out the new 6.4 out so had to have one and it was nice to b the first one to have one in the UK ( I think ? ) keep the forum going please don't let it get to ****** lol
This is great! lol
I bought mine for the same reason!