ABS,service 4WD and traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VanCityRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So on my way home from work two days ago I noticed that my traction control light was coming on randomly when I actually had traction. I thought maybe because it was raining my tires were slipping abit, so I didn't think much of it. The next day after work as I was driving home and the traction control light came on again but this time the ABS light, service 4WD light, and traction control light came on along with it. When I got home I got my Bullydog to run diagnostics and it came up with the code "unknown U1417". I asked my buddy who was a dodge mechanic for 7 years and he said the problem was my front left wheel speed sensor...."most likely". I called the dealer and they want close to 400 bucks for a new sensor, so before I start shotguning money at this problem I want to know if anyone has experienced the same issue. My truck is a 2012 Ram 1500 sport.Thanks in advance!

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably sensor, dunno which one, but Rockauto sells front sensors for like $150, rears for like $20

Yobuck139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had similar problems. Mine was EBS code that was throwing the traction control light on. From what I was told CC won't work if traction control light is on. To replace EBS sensor I believe the steering wheel and column had to come off to get to it. I never did it, just traded it in. lol good luck