AC Not Blowing Cold ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Saltillo Express

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No joy. They won't make it right. Truck was used but 49 days off their lot. They won't split it and meet me in the middle. $1,300 slug to the head. Thank you quality control Saltillo Assembly Plant.

OP
OP
Saltillo Express

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So they say. I'm going to get the bad core when I pick it up. I showed them pics of the rows and rows of Dodge's we've owned over the years. Couldn't have cared less.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
So they say. I'm going to get the bad core when I pick it up. I showed them pics of the rows and rows of Dodge's we've owned over the years. Couldn't have cared less.

I gotta ask, was the used truck sold "as-is" with no warranty implied other than any remaining factory warranty if applicable?

I know it sucks for your situation but sometimes lines are drawn for a reason and unless you can prove they "knowingly" sold you a lemon for this issue, it just the way life rolls sometimes.

While I bought new, I know my bumper to bumper is gone at 36K and since I did not buy an extended warranty, I know the risks I am assuming beyond that.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
No that's a valid point. I assumed the risk.

Well, sorry to hear regardless. FCA and even pre FCA has always been a **** corporation and dealership network on average when it comes to situations like this and trying to get "goodwill" repairs cover or partially covered.

OP
OP
Saltillo Express

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think there is some logic, albeit faulty, in not buying the extended warranty. I drive like a little old man and you figure, what could go wrong. Then this happens. Definitely sheds new light on the warranty. I'll post a pic of the evap core once I get it back.

OP
OP
Saltillo Express

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shout out to New Smyrna Jeep Dodge. Service Manager stepped up and covered all the labor. Gave me my wholesale price on the evap core. $200 out the door. Wow. I'm never this lucky. [me grinning] Dealer Faith - restored.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Shout out to New Smyrna Jeep Dodge. Service Manager stepped up and covered all the labor. Gave me my wholesale price on the evap core. $200 out the door. Wow. I'm never this lucky. [me grinning] Dealer Faith - restored.

Nice! Glad to hear. :favorites13: