Advice.....Is this a good deal???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2014 Sport (my first Ram) has been the biggest lemon I've ever known. I've been to the dealership over the last 2 and half yrs no less than 20 times for warranty work. I've just about had it with this truck.

Soooo.....I found a 2016 Rebel Mopar 16 special edition at a dealer about an hour away. It's has almost every option (expect sunroof, which I no longer really want) that I'm looking for. Below is a ****** pic I took of the dealer's website. Also below is the price they are offering. This is before we talk about trading in my 2014 Sport. Is this a good deal compared to what you guys have been getting out there? :shrug:

"MSRP 56855.00 if available and Delivered by Friday this coming week Your saale price will be 51904 less incentives of 6000 to make your price $45904.00"

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 134

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
seems like a good price, mind you that is their asking price so nibble away and see what happens. Good luck. oh and go to bed it is 2am in you local tehehehe

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Test Drive the Raptor first, but that is a nice truck as well. 12k off seams fair, but those are rare, I've never seen one here so I can't say for sure.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well you just cleaned up the underneath of that rust bucket. Now your going to get rid of it,lol. I got my 16 loaded laramie crew 6.4 bed for 39k. I went 300 miles to get it. Just look around real good first. I had 56k on my 14 big horn. 30 months old and I got 8 k less than I paid for it.

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rebel's are so called special edition so there isn't much room to negotiate.
I come up with $45,210 before incentives. It is December and it is a 16. I would say like $43,000 and probably $25,000 for your trade. Out of pocket $18,000 and you drive it away.

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
seems like a good price, mind you that is their asking price so nibble away and see what happens. Good luck. oh and go to bed it is 2am in you local tehehehe

Night is the time it's quiet in my house!

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that's about 20% off so sounds about right. now you just gotta make sure they don't try and **** you on the trade in.

Exactly. I negotiated that price over the internet. This why I never mentioned a trade in. I wanted the price off msrp 1st, now we can talk about my trade. I already went to a different dealership and got a trade in quote.

Last edited:

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Exactly. I negotiated that price over the internet. This why I never mentioned a trade in. I wanted the price off msrp 1st, now we can talk about my trade. I already went to a different dealership and got a trade in quote.

I like the internet as a shopping tool, for dealer that are willing. You walk in with an agreed price, check out the vehicle, dodge the dealer "add ons" and you're done.

Now some dealers can change their story when you spring a unmentioned trade on them. others will just offer you crap for it if it wasn't mentioned over the internet deal. Since you got a quote elsewhere and if you're happy with that number, I see no harm in seeing what the Rebel dealer will offer you then spring the quote on them if they refuse to come close. Do realize, once you tell them about the intended trade, it just became an in-dealer negotiation and is no longer an internet negotiation.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ford Raptor start at 48k msrp, if you want it loaded yes $$$. The worst part is they don't come off msrp anywhere near Ram. They are all special order, meaning long lead time. But you can get a brand new Raptor for MSRP, and no offense to Ram but aluminum body eco boost Raptor, is a much nicer vehicle imo. To me it is a little disappointing these special additions are little more then cosmetic. Raptor turbo 450 hp and the suspension to get it done with a 10 speed tranny. I'm not saying buy a Raptor, just look at it. Don't let the dealer tell you there is a markup, that is bullchit. They will sell it for MSRP, just no lower unless you got mad bargaining skills. Link. 2017 Raptor Ford F-150, Starting MSRP*: $48,325, Starting Invoice*: $44,942.

Ram has a concept to compete with the Raptor, but that special addition aint it.

If you do get the Ram, it is pretty cool they are so limited. But if you can wait a year or two to see if they are going to make the TRX, you may have a truck that actually kicks the dirt as opposed to just putting a dress on a regular Ram like this SA does.

Realistically, if you add a couple small things to your order like the 4.10 gear upgrade and the back step and destination charges, you will be paying 5 grand more for the Raptor with cloth seats as that Rebel. But you will be driving the king of the off-road. I like Rams better then Fords when talking about off the off the shelf garden variety stuff, but when you start talking about going up to a "special addition", you should ask yourself what is so special if you can get a Raptor near the same price.

Last edited:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
"Raptor near the same price" but a Raptor near the Rebel price comes with which options deleted? I could never ever own the new Raptor as it comes with the turdy sounding V6, the Raptor has more power, yup but oh my the Hemi sounds so much better. Today people do not even come close to using the Hemi 4x4's capabilities, I would say same goes for the Raptor. Was into the Ford family previous to the RAM Dodge family ie GT500's Mustang Gts etc etc. Iffin it don't have a 8 my response would be Imma movin on.

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Sure looks like a good deal - just watch out for the - "well you didn't qualify for all of the rebates..."

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ram sounds better and some ****** ruined his Raptor, now those are legitimate arguments for buying a truck that doesn't have a 10 speed tranny paired with an aluminum body and a High Output turbo charged engine. And that doesn't even scratch the surface on what comes standard, look at the green inc for what's included on the base model, crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01