Aftermarket fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys I'm in need of a replacement fuel pump for my 09 5.7L quad cab. At this moment I can't afford to buy a Mopar or Delphi that I'm aware it's the best way to go. Anybody had experience with a cheaper brand? My budget is under 150 right now. Is a rebuild kit a good option? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Hi guys I'm in need of a replacement fuel pump for my 09 5.7L quad cab. At this moment I can't afford to buy a Mopar or Delphi that I'm aware it's the best way to go. Anybody had experience with a cheaper brand? My budget is under 150 right now. Is a rebuild kit a good option? Thanks!

What's the pump doing? I've done my pump several times and replaced it with O'Reilly house brand "Precision" which works, but I had issues with the gauge float not reading immediately. They're are around $170, know it's a little over your budget, but I would stay away from Ebay pumps. You might have good luck with this pump off Amazon, the only thing I don't like about going this route is the warranty sometimes is an issue if it has to be replaced.

https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Prem...-4&ymm=2009:dodge:ram+1500&keywords=fuel+pump

OP
OP
C

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's the pump doing? I've done my pump several times and replaced it with O'Reilly house brand "Precision" which works, but I had issues with the gauge float not reading immediately. They're are around $170, know it's a little over your budget, but I would stay away from Ebay pumps. You might have good luck with this pump off Amazon, the only thing I don't like about going this route is the warranty sometimes is an issue if it has to be replaced.

https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Prem...-4&ymm=2009:dodge:ram+1500&keywords=fuel+pump

I've been having issues with cranking and not starting. It did it a couple weeks ago and after hours of diagnosis nothing. Hit the fuel tank a few times and fired right up and was fine ever since but yesterday did the same thing to me while i was out and about. Hit the tank fired right up. It's gotta be the pump. Can't think of anything else.

OP
OP
C

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe there is something clogging the pump?

Could be, but no matter what the situation is i will have to drop the tank to see what's wrong and since that's the hardest part I'd rather just replace the pump and be safe.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I've been having issues with cranking and not starting. It did it a couple weeks ago and after hours of diagnosis nothing. Hit the fuel tank a few times and fired right up and was fine ever since but yesterday did the same thing to me while i was out and about. Hit the tank fired right up. It's gotta be the pump. Can't think of anything else.

You're not the member that I did a write-up for last week are you? I did a write-up for an 09.

OP
OP
C

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're not the member that I did a write-up for last week are you? I did a write-up for an 09.

Yes sir! I'm going to follow your instructions and replace the pump myself as soon as i buy one. I have you write up saved and ready

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Yes sir! I'm going to follow your instructions and replace the pump myself as soon as i buy one. I have you write up saved and ready

That's what I thought, I hope the write-up helps. Like I said, I'm no expert, just try to help where I can because I know what it feels like to be stranded.

I just talked to the folks over at Spectre (the pump manufacturer), Amazon is an authorized retailer for them and they will honor the warranty (90 days) of defects. That put's my mind at ease knowing that it has an honored warranty so you should be good.

OP
OP
C

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's what I thought, I hope the write-up helps. Like I said, I'm no expert, just try to help where I can because I know what it feels like to be stranded.

I just talked to the folks over at Spectre (the pump manufacturer), Amazon is an authorized retailer for them and they will honor the warranty (90 days) of defects. That put's my mind at ease knowing that it has an honored warranty so you should be good.

Wow, you're the best! Thanks for going out of your way to help me out. I'll go after and purchase that one from Amazon. It's incredible but it's way cheaper than eBay for the same model

OP
OP
C

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Ever heard of this brand? I called them and their warranty is pretty good. Lifetime. And the price is even better but can't find absolutely no info on this brand :s

Electric Fuel Pump Module Assembly Herko Premium High Performance 233GE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2ZGP19/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aLqEyb0XGZA1W

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Ever heard of this brand? I called them and their warranty is pretty good. Lifetime. And the price is even better but can't find absolutely no info on this brand :s

Electric Fuel Pump Module Assembly Herko Premium High Performance 233GE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2ZGP19/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aLqEyb0XGZA1W

Never heard of it, but they are putting a lifetime warranty behind it so it better perform or they're going out of business.

OP
OP
C

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never heard of it, but they are putting a lifetime warranty behind it so it better perform or they're going out of business.

No kidding uh? The rep told me it was a mid range fuel pump. Not the best, not the worst. I might give it a shot... Or the spectra is only 20 more bucks. Who knows, some people say to stay away from spectra and others had no issues at all

Last edited:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
a fuel pump is not somewhere i would want to cheap out. the 'lifetime warranties' some things have are almost worthless when you have to take you truck out of commission for days while you ship out a defective part and await another unit. not to mention the hassle of swapping it all over again.

rockauto has the delphi pump and its really not that far out of your budget. thats probably the cheapest pump i would buy.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
a fuel pump is not somewhere i would want to cheap out. the 'lifetime warranties' some things have are almost worthless when you have to take you truck out of commission for days while you ship out a defective part and await another unit. not to mention the hassle of swapping it all over again.

rockauto has the delphi pump and its really not that far out of your budget. thats probably the cheapest pump i would buy.
This is my thinking, I've replaced mine 3 times and I wish I would have just got an OEM, but we do what we can with we got.

OP
OP
C

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks buddy

No problem. I will be following this write up next week and replace the fuel pump myself for the first time in my life.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
once the fuel pump goes, is there a way to mod the system so it is not an intake fuel pump?