Air conditioner not getting cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warbat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC 4wd
Engine
I do not know much about air conditioners so bare with me. I have a 2015 cc 4wd 5.7 with 30k miles on it. Its a tradesman so it has the basic A/C controls if that matters. I bought the truck 2 months ago, and being in ohio I didnt think to check the A/C before I bought it. Today it was 55 degrees outside but the sun was shinning and my trucks interior was hot so I turned on the a/c. It took several minutes to get cool and it never really got cold. I also had to crank the fan all the way up to really get much air moving.

Is this because it was only 55 degrees outside or do i need to take the truck in?

I do not remember my 2011 ram taking more than a few seconds to get cold.

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's some threads about this if you perform a search, you can learn of others' experiences and fixes. I had the same problem when mine was new. Take it to the dealer since it's still under warranty. My dealer topped off the refrigerant, but it didn't do much good. I tinted literally every piece of glass in the truck and that helped. Make sure your air recirculation button is set to recirc.

OP
OP
W

warbat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC 4wd
Engine
Thanks, I appreciate the help.