another one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
my middle son is in the market for a new truck.baby is on the way and his ranger isn't going to cut it.he texted me a pic of a blacked out 2017 1500 5.7,but no info on it.he wanted to know if he should be looking at the 1500 or an f150.really??.i set him straight.i'm going to steer him towards a power wagon,if he can afford it.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Baby on the way..... maybe a regular 1500 would be better... I have seem lots of women find the height of just a 1500 high for getting into/out and such. With a baby, he may find the height a hassle with the baby. Just a thought.

OP
OP
bcbouy

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
it won't be their daily driver.she drives a micra,or something like it. like us,they do a lot of camping and it looks like they're thinking of getting out of a tent and off the ground.and with the baby,they need more truck.his is a single cab.i move my grandkids around in my 2500,with 2 car seats.never a problem.

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The payload capacity on the power wagon is a lot lower than the rest of the 2500 models, so keep that in mind if they will be towing a travel trailer.

OP
OP
bcbouy

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i doubt they will buy anything a powerwagon can't tow.he likes his vehicles simple so he'll probably end up in a 1500 slt or an outdoorsman.i'd just like for him to be in a proper truck,not something he needs to upgrade in a couple years. just my opinion,but a half ton truck is like fighting with one hand tied.they look good but their usefulness is limited.i've been there.but who's kid listens to his father anyway?