Antigravity batteries (jump starter)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Had a coworker that got one, don't remember which model (pretty decent size). He said it would start his older Chevy just fine. But it did fail fairly quickly & had to get it warrantied.

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also have coworkers that have purchased them. They seem to swear by them. Not sure if longevity though. Have seen a 6.7 Cummins jump started by one.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
Ram Year
None (yet)
Engine
None
Thanks guys,
Looks like this just might go on my 'to get' list for next trip to the States.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
Bought one recently NOCO GB70
https://no.co/gb70
Used it several times to start several engines one diesel Toyota LC200 and one HEMI 6.1. Used to charge an Ipad. Still having 75% of charge. Can be charged using 12V Plug in your car

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have one, an XP1, and have used it to start cars and trucks. I no longer carry jumpers in my truck as the AG takes less room, and if I can't start a stranded vehicle with the AG I don't want to buckle my truck up to it...

Best,
DG

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
Ram Year
None (yet)
Engine
None
I have one, an XP1, and have used it to start cars and trucks. I no longer carry jumpers in my truck as the AG takes less room, and if I can't start a stranded vehicle with the AG I don't want to buckle my truck up to it...

Best,
DG

I'm torn between the XP1 and XP10. Over here the biggest diesel engine I would be jumping would be about 3.0L. Do you think I really need to spend the extra $50 on the XP10 or should the XP1 do the job? Xp10 is the only one they mention for jumping diesels.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Does/has anyone use(d) these? Thinking about getting one but am looking for some feedback first.
Thanks

MICRO-START PPS PRODUCTS – Antigravity Batteries

After seeing your post I started researching these. WOW- what a device. I purchased the 10 model because I wanted something that would cover most vehicles. I called the customer service dept. about the Amazon listings and they told me to be careful of which one to buy as the Chinese are listing fakes on Amazon. The clue is to purchase the ones that state 'fulfilled by Amazon". They are about 50 bucks cheaper on Amazon. Thanks for bringing these to my attention.

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
Ram Year
None (yet)
Engine
None
After seeing your post I started researching these. WOW- what a device. I purchased the 10 model because I wanted something that would cover most vehicles. I called the customer service dept. about the Amazon listings and they told me to be careful of which one to buy as the Chinese are listing fakes on Amazon. The clue is to purchase the ones that state 'fulfilled by Amazon". They are about 50 bucks cheaper on Amazon. Thanks for bringing these to my attention.

Glad I could help. Thanks for the info about Amazon. I noticed the cheap prices there, but was worried about getting a knockoff fake.

InvictusII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I have the XP-10. I've used it tons of times on small engines, ATVs, SxSs, cars and to charge up electronics. I love it.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im going to weigh in only becuase Ive gone through about 10 of them in the last 3 years. Ive had Snap on, Anti gravity, Craftsman, all the Chinese brands, all shapes and sizes.

First dont just look at amps for the starting capability, many will have super exaggerated amperage. Ive had a few that say 800a and only output maybe 250, Ive had a few that were rated at 400a that peaked in the 600 range.

Second, safety. Lipos do not like to be charged in a non orderly fashion. What does this mean, if you jump start your car, truck, RV, boat, Helicpoter, tractor and do not remove the jump starter very quickly it will damage the cells. Ive had years of experience with Lipo cells, and if you are not aware of the dangers, just YouTube Lipo danger. They are extremely powerful but sensitive, like the Rock. Ive seen a lot of these packs ruined in under 30 seconds this way. They get hot, they swell up, then they are a hazard to use. Get one with a safety that will turn off automatically.

Third, trust someone who uses these daily. I work at a car dealership. I use my personal one about 10x a week. The one I have after all of them I got on Amazon. It has been able to jump start diesels, cars, trucks, everything with it. My shop has one of the huge 40 pound packs thats rated at 800amps. They on a weekly basis come get me because that unit wont fire up a larger truck or diesel car. Again I use this one all the time, it has safety so it wont back charge and over heat.

https://www.amazon.com/Starter-Best...=1475165944&sr=1-3&keywords=800a+jump+starter

This is the one I have. Now as luck would have it, on the website of the manufactures build its actually rated at 1000 amp burst. Ive tested it, it will get there! This one has never left me stranded.

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
Ram Year
None (yet)
Engine
None
@WilliamS,

You just had to go and make my decision harder didn't you :). (Just kidding.)
Thanks for this information. On your great review of this and the price, I have decided to order this tonight. Almost half the price of the AntiGravity, I can live with that! :favorites13: