Any other Rebel owners out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 5.7 CC 8-Speed
A little, but I would think that's the Bilsteins...

After all, it's supposed to be an "off road" truck... I think it rides great, and this is from me coming off of a 14 Air ride Laramie...

I am not complaining. I expected it somewhat, but just was curious what others thought. I do love the Air Suspension though! And it hauls the boat around with ease. Plus I managed 15 mpg towing the Porsche and Mini around which I could barely feel back there!

ufokillerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
picked mine up on august 20th. Red/black two tone. Already added on a tcusa tonneau, and mopar steps. Looks great, plenty of stuff i'm planning to do to this slowly!
a B*tch to park, i'm in NYC, this is my biggest vehicle to date.

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I second the wheels...really would eventually like to see a set go up for sale.

14RedPowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
^^ this! Its the only downside of the truck. Yes it rides great and has great payload but those air shocks are expensive to replace. I wish they just threw in some Bilsteins..

Also.. for anyone wondering the "RAM" crazyness on the tailgate is just badging, I originally thought they embossed the tailgate. I was talking to my dealer about them and he said "yea, we got one out back. go take a look" I ran out there like a kid on Christmas and the first thing I did was looked to see if it could be removed - and it can!

You can remove the letters, however there are two locating/alignment pins on each letter and you guessed it two holes in the tailgate for each letter. The tape on one of my letters from the factory was not adhering properly so they had to remove and re-tape it. Picture below for reference.

Attachments

• Ram Rebel Letter Removed.jpg
    Ram Rebel Letter Removed.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 165

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can remove the letters, however there are two locating/alignment pins on each letter and you guessed it two holes in the tailgate for each letter. The tape on one of my letters from the factory was not adhering properly so they had to remove and re-tape it. Picture below for reference.
That sucks. So you're stuck with it, or you have to find a way to fill in the holes. Maybe some red LED'S would fit in there. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Cajnhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Rebel
Engine
I have a black one also. I have had it for a month. I am looking for lift/leveling kits for it and can't seem to find any. Does anyone know a company that makes one?

pitajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a black one also. I have had it for a month. I am looking for lift/leveling kits for it and can't seem to find any. Does anyone know a company that makes one?

If I remember correctly, no one makes a lift for them because of the air ride. You'd have to do a body lift, and I would think any ram body lift would work?

I picked up a black on black one last week and I love it. So far have:
mopar hard folding tonneau
lund 5 inch oval side steps
flowmaster exhaust
pioneer upgrading sub
led interior
husky floor mats
weathertech window visors

have almost 400 km on the tach so far

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Id love to get into a rebel but not sure i want to risk the air ride, they are still problematic in our cold winters up here, only thing stopping me at the moment

pitajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id love to get into a rebel but not sure i want to risk the air ride, they are still problematic in our cold winters up here, only thing stopping me at the moment

Had no trouble last year at all. it's a closed system with nitrogen, shouldn't really freeze up. I'm southern ontario and last winter was pretty darn cold