Anyone Else Randomly Get Insulting Offers for Their Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So for the 5th time this week I had a guy make me an insulting offer for my truck. I was at the gas station and a guy came up to me and said, "I'll give you $20,000 for your truck." I have only had the truck lifted for about 3 weeks so it's still somewhat amusing to me. I am finding out people around here seem to all want to make offers in the 20's...which my response is always the same..."add $30k and I'll consider it."

Just wondering if anybody else constantly gets insulting offers for their truck?

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21
Where is "here"?

Around EWa/NorIdaho everyone drives a truck, so no point in offering to buy the same thing you alrady drive.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
So for the 5th time this week I had a guy make me an insulting offer for my truck. I was at the gas station and a guy came up to me and said, "I'll give you $20,000 for your truck." I have only had the truck lifted for about 3 weeks so it's still somewhat amusing to me. I am finding out people around here seem to all want to make offers in the 20's...which my response is always the same..."add $30k and I'll consider it."

Just wondering if anybody else constantly gets insulting offers for their truck?

I find this to be more of Stupid offer than insulting.

Why would someone want to give an offer on a truck that they know nothing about? You may have 200,000 miles on it, or it may be older year, or salvaged title.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I find this to be more of Stupid offer than insulting.

Why would someone want to give an offer on a truck that they know nothing about? You may have 200,000 miles on it, or it may be older year, or salvaged title.

Some people just really want something when they see it, so they are willing to take that chance.

I am not one of them, I agree with you and think its very silly. I just know that they exist.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you like selling your truck or advertising it?
Sounds weird how 5 people give you an offer if your not advertising it.

But to answer your question no I don't randomly get insulting offers for my truck.
People stare at my truck and sometimes tell me "nice truck" if passing by. but no one randomly comes up and offers me not even $5 for it lol so you should feel good about them offering 20k

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
ha, i sold a motorcycle in a situation like that. Was stopped at a store talking to a buddy and a guy walked up; asked if it was for sale (01 CBR929), i said everything is for sale for the right price. he asked what the price was, i gave him a number. He took my phone number and called me later that day to give me a deposit. i still miss that bike but nothing like selling somthing for what you paid for it, 2 years later.

That bike was replaced with a RSV1000R.... miss that bike too LoL

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
had someone knock on my door asking if he could have "that old dodge". apparently he wanted the engine and thought the truck was junk because i had it parked near some weeds

other then that dealer keeps begging me to trade so they can send it to the US and their offer is actually very reasonable but it's not gonna happen

butterscotch71

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited Longhorn
Engine
I've had some very nice vehicles through the years. Had plenty of compliments at the gas station, but no one has ever randomly offered to by one.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Someone is watching too much Counting Cars or Fast and Loud on Cable.

"I'll give you cash today for this stupid low price--Woo!"
W/apologies to Richard Rawlings, but you get the idea.

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A guy at work asked if I wanted to trade him my ram for his f250 the week I got the truck. He was mostly joking, although he told me Friday he had an appointment at the same dealership I bought mine at to see what they'd give him in trade towards a ram , so maybe he was more serious than I thought.

Now when I'm out in my 72 GS, I can't stop anywhere without someone striking up a conversation (sometimes they're really cool and other times I'm looking for every out possible). Gas stations are the worst, its every time. I just take it as a compliment though, and when it's a young kid that takes interest I always offer them a ride (with their parents of course) if I have time. But I get offers on it all the time. One of these days somebody's going to agree to the stupid number I throw out and I'm gonna have a real predicament on my hands.... [emoji12] $$$$$ [emoji33] [emoji17]

I'd say look at it as the fact someone likes your truck, no different than a "nice truck" comment and carry on.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yours is an express 2wd, right? Minus the lift, in excellent condition, it's value is right around 23k

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It is an Express but it's 4wd, 8-speed 5.7, it also only has 11,000 miles on it. According to multiple sites it would be valued at more than 23 stock.

It's not listed for sale or being advertised, insulting may have been a bad choice of words as this was meant to be more of a "fun" thread but turned serious somehow. "Here" is Indiana...plenty of other lifted trucks around. And while I do have tattoos, a beer assistant, and drink Miller Lite...I'm not a dreamer on selling or buying....I'm more of a Deiesel Brothers fan too.

When I said I'd sell it for $50k something...that's more because I don't want to sell, but any idiot willing to pay that much...well he can take it home when the cash hits my hand since I can buy a nicer truck and do it all again.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never had someone give a number but have had people ask to buy it.
And the dealership wants it everytime I stop in there.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in

Laugh, at them, not with them, tell them they just bought the Lift. Now how much more for the truck too.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a fella with a rusted out 1972 Pinto try and make a trade, his car for my new R/T and he wanted 1000.00 in cash on top of everything. Imagine.

Sportram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4 CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi

5 times in 1 week? Really?

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's no shortage of scammers out there who think if they ask enough people the same question they'll eventually get lucky with some idiot who says yes. It's not like it costs them anything to try. Because they are kind of insulting your intelligence in doing so, that basically means you now have carte blanche to treat them just as ignorantly so don't get upset, use it as an opportunity to entertain yourself. Tell them you're willing to consider it if they let you rail their wife a few times.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Yours is an express 2wd, right? Minus the lift, in excellent condition, it's value is right around 23k

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Was going to say the same thing.
20K is a low price but not insulting.

I get tons of compliments on my truck but no offers. lol