Anyway to set my doors to lock if I forget? ... 2009 Dodge ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taymag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slt
We have had 3 mass neighborhood break ins this year in my neighborhood but only including open doors. Luckily I have never forgot to lock my doors but I was wondering if there is an option on a 2009 to autolock after X amount of time?

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've locked my keys in my truck several times like that. What I prefer to do (with an aftermarket alarm) is set it to passive arm the alarm, but not the doors. This way, even if I forget to lock the doors, the alarm will sound if/when someone does a handle check.

We actually had a group of people handle checking cars in a few neighborhoods a couple of years back. I woke up one morning and my alarm told me (with 3 unlock chirps) that the alarm had gone off, but nothing was missing. Sure enough, I forgot to lock my truck when I had been in and out of it the night before and I'm guessing someone did a door check and ran off.

OP
OP
T

taymag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slt
The only reason I dont want an aftermarket alarm is cause the key is already big enough with these new all in one keys and if I got an aftermarket one then I have to carry another thing on my keychain

Does anyone know if they have an autolock feature for a stock 2009 ram alarm?

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The only reason I dont want an aftermarket alarm is cause the key is already big enough with these new all in one keys and if I got an aftermarket one then I have to carry another thing on my keychain

Does anyone know if they have an autolock feature for a stock 2009 ram alarm?

you can integrate an aftermarket alarm into the stock key. to answer you question, not that i know of.

OP
OP
T

taymag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slt
Does Dodge have to do it? And what would the reason even be for someone to do this other than what I mentioned?

thoss29

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 3500 "Black Top" Edition 6.4L
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the 2009s have uconnect? That lets you lock them through an app I think. Not sure what year that started though.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
like stated above you can have the factory remote control an aftermarket alarm. since with any alarm install you need a bypass module the truck fob and an aftermarket fob will control both the same functions. I use to have a '11 durango and i did this on it. i used an after market alarm/starter with a bypass module. i used the factory FOB for short range (i had it set up to hit the lock button 3x and it would remote start), then i used the viper smart start for longer range starting.