Available rebates from Recalls not yet performed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoRising

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
THe other Day I was in getting an oil change and the service writers mentioned there are Rebates to be had if you buy a new truck that has recalls on it that are not yet done. Anyone able to confirm this. The only recall I have not done yet is the Side impact air bag recall. But its a 6-8 hour recall job and I don't like the fact that the warranty/recall tech has to take front seats out and remove the entire headliner to perform. I am worried it won't go back together 100% or that something will get scratched. I was thinking of upgrading anyway. If anyone has any input that would be super helpful.
Thanks

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
On a new truck? Definitely not, they can't sell it with outstanding recalls.

What he may have meant, and is likely also incorrect on, is buying a truck affected by the buy-back recall.. but again, they can't sell it with an outstanding recall so the only "rebate" would be buying a truck that has depreciated value as some claim that are affected by that recall.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
THe other Day I was in getting an oil change and the service writers mentioned there are Rebates to be had if you buy a new truck that has recalls on it that are not yet done. Anyone able to confirm this. The only recall I have not done yet is the Side impact air bag recall. But its a 6-8 hour recall job and I don't like the fact that the warranty/recall tech has to take front seats out and remove the entire headliner to perform. I am worried it won't go back together 100% or that something will get scratched. I was thinking of upgrading anyway. If anyone has any input that would be super helpful.
Thanks

Do you have a QC or CC? The one which requires pulling the interior apart only applies to the QC's. funny story, I went in to have 3 recalls performed and the service advisor originally told me he'd need my truck all day..........had to pull the interior out. I asked if he was "sure" as I politely told him that recall didn't apply to my truck. Of course he had to look it up then tell me I was right.

White12bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
What are the benefits of the buy back besides getting a newer vehicle but having a new payment

OP
OP
M

MojoRising

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's not buy back related. Just extra incentive cash off if you decide to buy. It's a sales pitch to increase vehicle sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk