Back from the dealership.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just came back and my cargo lights are fixed. While I was there I asked the mechanic about my warranty. I asked if headers and a tuner would affect my lifetime power train warranty. He said "it's a grey area and Chrysler would have to prove that those parts caused the issue." He further stated that it would not be up to the dealership. I smiled and said "good because my tuner came today and the headers are on the way."
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah its a grey area where one of you have a bottomless supply o fund for legal battles and one of you are limited. wonder how this works out?

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah its a grey area where one of you have a bottomless supply o fund for legal battles and one of you are limited. wonder how this works out?

Yeah no kidding. Either way the mods are happening and I will deal with any issues when they arise.

Totesmygoats

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

It's not as hard as you think and the burden is on them even when you're the one who has to initiate the lawsuit. MM also provides for attorneys fees.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
google magnusson/moss act this covers you. the mechanic was correct if you have aftermarket parts in order for them to be able to turn down the warranty work they must be able to prove that your parts are the direct cause of the warranty issue.

OP
OP
R

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
google magnusson/moss act this covers you. the mechanic was correct if you have aftermarket parts in order for them to be able to turn down the warranty work they must be able to prove that your parts are the direct cause of the warranty issue.

Yeah. I was expecting him to have a more negative answer and be anti mods but that wasn't the case.

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One of the first things they asked when I took it for it's first warranty work was if it has any aftermarket parts on it.