BAD blind spot in passenger side tow mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it just me? I have the non-power-folding optional towing mirrors on my 2016 1500 Limited and cannot seem to adjust my passenger side main mirror where I can see the vehicle to my right and behind me well. I have to rely on the small outer convex mirror to make sure the lane is clear before changing lanes. I think it may be caused by how far the mirror sticks out from the truck, but I'm not sure. Anybody else have this issue?

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Is it just me? I have the non-power-folding optional towing mirrors on my 2016 1500 Limited and cannot seem to adjust my passenger side main mirror where I can see the vehicle to my right and behind me well. I have to rely on the small outer convex mirror to make sure the lane is clear before changing lanes. I think it may be caused by how far the mirror sticks out from the truck, but I'm not sure. Anybody else have this issue?

I always use the convex mirror. Cars are big objects and easy to see in it. Now telling how close the 24' trailer is to the wall with it...not a chance :)

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
I hate to say it but it seems like your using your mirrors incorrectly. I use the convex to change lanes. If I want to change lanes and think a car is coming up too fast in the lane I want to get into or pass over I use the larger standard side mirror. Otherwise, I can give a quick look at both mirrors and to make a lame change safely.

Kwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree, I just picked up a 2016 1500 Laramie with the tow mirrors. The passenger side mirror is odd - I'm not comfortable with using the mirror. Drivers side is fine. Maybe I just need to figure out how to use it...

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1st and foremost, we should never rely solely only on our mirrors when changing lanes. Turn your head and look in your blind spot after checking mirrors and before changing lanes.

2nd, I have found myself using the convex mirror as other have stated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
yeah i always use the little convex mirror when changing lanes as well as double checking by looking

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I need to take a picture on how mine are set. I have no blind spots.

The big mirror is aligned with the body of the truck. I can't see the body of the truck from my driving position, but if I lean up a hair, I can see it. The outside mirrors are turned out so that the ENTIRE next lane is in view.

I can't go to other cars when I drive. These mirrors if adjusted right - are amazing. People say they are heard to use/learn/etc... but once you get them adjusted correctly... there is no blind spot/going back.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Here is a pic I found. Maybe this will help.

The camera is a bit out the window, so that is why you see my truck in the big mirror..

But you can see how the parking spot line next to me is in my little mirror. That is the entire next lane. As you can clearly see, it's a full view of it.. again keep in mind the camera is not from my perspective.

Attachments

• mirror1.jpg
    mirror1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 85

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sweet! Found a pic I was trying to take when I saw my buddy on the road on morning.

Here you can see what I am talking about! Hope this helps as you can see it's awesome view!

By the time he is at my door, I can still see the back half in the mirror.. I never look over my shoulder. I think in California they tell you not to as when you do, you rearend the car in front of you due to traffic! Kidding.

Attachments

• mirror2.jpg
    mirror2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet! Found a pic I was trying to take when I saw my buddy on the road on morning.

Here you can see what I am talking about! Hope this helps as you can see it's awesome view!

By the time he is at my door, I can still see the back half in the mirror.. I never look over my shoulder. I think in California they tell you not to as when you do, you rearend the car in front of you due to traffic! Kidding.

That's how I have mine also......no blind spot at all...wish my other vehicles could be set up that way.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Adjust your main mirror with your head pushed back against the headrest. You should just barely see the rear wheel well and the ground on the inside of your mirror. When you lean forward slightly, your looking right down the lane next to you, no convex mirror needed.
When driving a truck, van, SUV, etc, don't get used to looking over your shoulder, if you tow or haul anything that blocks your view, now your driving blind.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man I really miss having tow mirrors...the power fold sport mirrors look nice but I really miss having the function of tows.