Battery guage drops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rb5739

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Hey guys, while diving down the highway the other day my check guages light turned on and my battery gauge dropped to zero. I drove the truck another thirty minutes to my house and after shutting it off and turning it back on the light was cleared and the gauge was normal. Now when ever drive about two min. in this whole thing happens over again. any suggestions?!?

Thanks Rob Barton

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Not sure what might be causing this. I would start by looking into an electrical short to the gauge. It might also help you if you repost this in the 2nd or 3rd gen section if this is about the 2002 your profile says you drive, instead of here in the 4th gen section. If you posted in all the section trying to get an answer disregard the repost comment.:Big Laugh: Sorry no help other than that.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One more thing to think about... I don't know where u live, but in the northeast, we are having some wicked weather...specifically the cold. I know last could of days my truck starts a little slow and at times my HeMI sounds like a diesel engine..but I'm wondering if the extreme weather we are having is giving the truck false readings for your battery.

Are you having any hesitation starting up?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rb5739

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
It starts really strong, and its not too cold at the moment. I hesitant to think its a short because the gauge starts working as soon as you shut it off and turn it back on. I do know what ya mean when it gets real cold though... things start actin goofy!