bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, am in the market to buy a new 2012 Ram 1500 with the Hemi. Any advice on what features you think is a must?
Also, I am thinking of getting the factory bed spray and the foldable bed cover, do you think it is worth it?
Or get it after market?

Thanks everyone, had SUV's all the time, now time for a Truck!

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well, welcome to RF first and foremost! Definately need to get a 4x4. I don't know what kind of driving you do, but mines a street queen, and I wouldn't be caught in a snow/rain storm without it. I like the sport options, but wish I would have gotten a tow package, as mine doesn't have a hitch yet. Easy fix in the aftermarket world, but nice to have it from the dealer all the same.

I'm not sure the quality of the dealer bed liner, but it would probably be a safe bet. Also if it turns ugly or starts to come apart, they'll probably warranty it.

Good luck with the truck purchase!

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I am not sure about the dealer's bed liner, but mine is done by line-ex and it is super tough!

OP
OP
B

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, what do you think of the u-connect option and what media centre option do you recommend?

Last edited:

RamIt22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I got an aftermarket spray in liner from a local shop. It was just their brand but I love it and it has a lifetime warranty through them. I paid $325 for just the bedliner. I also got a truxedo lo pro bed cover a like it alot.($400) I would strongly recommend them both.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
if dealer wants more then 400 for the liner then pass and dont get there fold up bed cover its junk get a bak flip

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely get the dealer to put in a bed liner, and I also recommend you get the sport 4x4 with the alpine system and uconnect, or maybe just look into getting the sport with the laramie interior

BlkPearlSport11'

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Black Sport Quad Cab 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea one like mine fully loaded with hitch and everything lol xd.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Factory quality is always great! I just ordered a 2012 Ram CC Sport 4x4 thats loaded to the brim. And what to recommend is really what your opinion is. Depending on where you live. The heated/cooled seats could be a need. The higher gear ratio with limited slip could be. 4x4. All depends on what you can afford. If you can afford fully loaded then go for it! You'll be very happy with whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have had spray in liners in all my trucks, and have never paid for it. Use it as a bargaining chip to get you to sign on the dotted line. I prefer rhino line over the linex product. However if the dealer is installing it your going to get whatever they use. GL.

SuperBeaner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Remote start is SUPER ****. Go for the uConnect, but don't get all hung up on the touch screen. Those are WAY cheaper aftermarket and come with MUCH better features. Also the center console and bucket seats are awesome.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the factory spray in bedliner in mine and it's good quality. Main stuff I would look for is uconnect and evic(option on st, tradesman, and express). Everything else is what you can afford and what you like

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome to rf. I agree with the others on the bed liner. See what they are charging for it before you agree to them doing it

LoneStar210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my rhino liner sprayed couple days ago and I like it. I've looked at the oem bed liner on the dealer lots and they seem to look decent. If your dealership is offering an aftermarket one that they just get a "better deal" on, I'd still do that as long as the price is reasonable.
Remote start is cool depending on what part of the country you live in(hot/cold)
Uconnect is nice but I don't have this option. I want to go aftermarket Navi later.

Ryan12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Id say LineX man best for the money and it lasts not to mention the texture over rhino is way better.

OP
OP
B

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK!....did it!
Bought a black Crew cab 2012 Ram 1500 sport!
not much for extras that the sport dosnt come with, but does have remote start, trailer pkg, factory bed liner sprayed, side steps are some of the extras.
thanks for everyone input on what extras to make sure I got!

Need help choosing a tonneau cover, any suggestions?
Hard tri fold or soft?

Last edited:

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
Well, welcome to RF first and foremost! Definately need to get a 4x4. I don't know what kind of driving you do, but mines a street queen, and I wouldn't be caught in a snow/rain storm without it. I like the sport options, but wish I would have gotten a tow package, as mine doesn't have a hitch yet. Easy fix in the aftermarket world, but nice to have it from the dealer all the same.

I'm not sure the quality of the dealer bed liner, but it would probably be a safe bet. Also if it turns ugly or starts to come apart, they'll probably warranty it.

Good luck with the truck purchase!

I'd have to agree. Mine is also a Sport model and I do wish I would have got a tow package too. That being said, if you don't do a lot/any towing, then this obviously isn't an issue.

My truck came with a tonneau cover. It was one of those hard, tri-fold Mopar ones. I kinda hated it to be honest. Had constant issues with the lock at the tail gate end (it had 2 locks). In the winter the lock would freeze up completely and lets be honest... who wants to be screwing around with a lock bare handed in -30C.. not me. Also, when you folded it all the way back to the window, being the tri-fold type, there was still about 16inches of tonneau cover sitting on the box. I put my snowmobile in the back of my truck when we wanna go ride somewhere, so with the cover taking up about 16" of box, my sled would hang out quite a bit.. a lot more then i wanted. I ended up taking it off, selling it and used that money to buy a $200 Dura-Liner box liner and also pocketed some cash :) I much prefer the box liner! Congrats on the truck too!!

OP
OP
B

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone

OK!....did it!
Bought a black Crew cab 2012 Ram 1500 sport!
not much for extras that the sport dosnt come with, but does have remote start, trailer pkg, factory bed liner sprayed, side steps are some of the extras.
thanks for everyone input on what extras to make sure I got!

Need help choosing a tonneau cover, any suggestions?
Hard tri fold or soft?

Anyone have input on tonneau cover...hard vs soft?
What is a good brand?
Thank you