Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upper glove box
Red LED map and cargo lights
LED reverse and plate lights
Tail light covers
3rd brake light cover
Black antenna
Floor mats

Parts sitting on a table waiting to be installed.... footwell lights, under the hood light, door sill covers, steering wheel cover

On the to do list..black lug nuts, cabin air filter, front window tint, back seat mod, LED fog lights

OP
OP
kml9491

kml9491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rattle can can be used for things on a new truck... $5 maybe. Trim rings will pop off, add a few coats of spray paint, let them dry, and pop them back on. [emoji1] 9fbc422d925fb4104f747f37eb5a5329.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I like that a lot. I love my Longhorn interior but I start thinking twice about my decision when I see stuff like this. It would look funky in my truck though haha

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
What I'm saying is when it comes to paint(not OTHER mods but PAINT, pay attention)...dont take a spray can to a nice truck. Take it to a body shop. But hey like I said, if it floats your boat, go to Autozone, get some and have fun by all means.

It would seem your truck either has plasti dip or vht on it....

GOt to weigh in, on this one.

Dad has owned multiple car dealerships, gas stations and, yes, body shops.
Best friend had a body shop, for decades, until his knees went bad and good help got to hard to find, Luckily, he had enough money to say, Done.

I, personally, have done all the body work , from yanking off dented parts, to frame replacements, to final spray, on over a hundred cars. Some less than a year old to high dollar classics.

Paint is Paint. Don't care if it comes from a industrial grade air gun, wal-mart airless or a rattle can. If you can get the same paint, in each of the applications, lay it on "wet" and it will look good "Dry".

Tools are just that, tools.

No difference, to the nail, which hammer you use, the $2 walmart special, nice framing hammer or air hammer. nail still gets nailed. Only real difference is ability of person doing the job.

Tools can make the job, easier but, in the end, its all about the skill level.

AS regards Professional.... Even Da Vinci was an Amateur, until he started to get paid, regularly. More importantly, not every Professional, of the Era, was a Da Vinci.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like that a lot. I love my Longhorn interior but I start thinking twice about my decision when I see stuff like this. It would look funky in my truck though haha
It's pretty easy to do. The trim around the vents is a bit of a pain to get off, but it is doable. I thought I was going to break them when trying.

Does the Longhorn have the chrome trim? If so, you can cut down the glare off of those parts with a little paint. Gray, black, custom color, etc... It'll make a difference. [emoji1]

OP
OP
kml9491

kml9491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's pretty easy to do. The trim around the vents is a bit of a pain to get off, but it is doable. I thought I was going to break them when trying.

Does the Longhorn have the chrome trim? If so, you can cut down the glare off of those parts with a little paint. Gray, black, custom color, etc... It'll make a difference. [emoji1]

It does. Funny thing is I hate chrome on the outside of the truck, but when put together just right, it looks great on the interior lol. If I had all black interior I would do it lol

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Has anyone mentioned painting your chrome exhaust tips black? If you search for it there are a couple threads about it. I picked up some high heat primer, high heat semi gloss black and some sand paper a little while back but haven't had a chance to do it yet...

I dipped my chrome grill trim and silver radio antenna recently. I'm going to get some black lug nuts soon and do the exhaust tips to go completely black on the exterior!

Ruiner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Where u put washer under the mounting bolts of the seat frame. When raised up it makes it able to clear the rear hangers so top seat can fold down when u lift bottom seat up.

You can use 8- 3/4" Nuts instead and do it just the same. One of the best and useful mods I've done for under $5 bucks.

OP
OP
kml9491

kml9491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can use 8- 3/4" Nuts instead and do it just the same. One of the best and useful mods I've done for under $5 bucks.

What's useful about it? Not knocking it. Just curious. I have the fold flat floor and I've been able to stick everything on top of that

SethO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L v6
I will offer up a helpful comment to this thread for ole Rzrman. Best mods for under $100 that doesnt mean taking a rattle can to a vehicle....

A) cabin air filter

B) tinted windows

C) The Stubby(short antenna)

D) some decent floor mats

E) some decent seat covers

F) if it has the center jump seat then the oem tray that mounts right in front of the jump seat

G) my most favorite...SiriusXM 5 month subscription for $25

H) debadge

I) tailgate assist

J) if not equipt w/ the upper glove box then upper glove box mod

K) rubber bed mat if no bed liner

L) a bed cargo divider/holder. I got one for $60. Keeps cargo at back of bed if you have a bed cover.

M) various LED's around the truck

N) some good car wash soap & polish, wax & sealants for nice outside shine(plastidip for the LOSS here)
Does anyone have a part number or link for F? I've never seen this before.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's useful about it? Not knocking it. Just curious. I have the fold flat floor and I've been able to stick everything on top of that

It's not the best mod I've done. Wouldn't do it again. Even with it folding forward, there's only so much you can put back there.

Most I've seen are guys who put their rifle or bow behind the seat.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
MUD FLAPS!!
clay bar kit
acrylic paint sealant
hood bug deflector
window visors

did I say mud flaps. get some BIG farmer mud flaps.

Ruiner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Extra pair of shoes, shirt, hand towels for after a wash, duster, winter brush, winter front, gloves, handwipes, etc.

It's a cheap mod to do for a little extra storage space.

Keeps it all out of the way for when you have passengers in the back seat.

Oh yeah, I did the tailgate magnet mod too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kml9491

kml9491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Extra pair of shoes, shirt, hand towels for after a wash, duster, winter brush, winter front, gloves, handwipes, etc.

It's a cheap mod to do for a little extra storage space.

Keeps it all out of the way for when you have passengers in the back seat.

Oh yeah, I did the tailgate magnet mod too.

What's the tailgate magnet mod??