Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A GREAT addition to a vehicle, although, maybe not considered a MOD.....

DASHCAM. Mine has saved me literally THOUSANDS of dollars in insurance deductibles due to lots of idiot drivers.

I have been in many collisions over the years and the dashcam has proven beyond reason all of them the other guys fault. Johnny law and insurance have agreed every time.

I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754LJW8B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works amazingly! Captures ~170 degrees, HD-30FPS, GPS location and Speed (if you want), Records sound (if you want).

I just got one of these for Christmas along with the hard wire kit. I need to get it installed, just need the weather to cooperate. Do you have any tips or tricks to wire it in? I haven't had a chance to look at instructions on how to hook it up, yet. You can PM me, if you'd like.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got one of these for Christmas along with the hard wire kit. I need to get it installed, just need the weather to cooperate. Do you have any tips or tricks to wire it in? I haven't had a chance to look at instructions on how to hook it up, yet. You can PM me, if you'd like.
Top of glass along passenger side, down the A pillar, keep in weather seal all the way to floor, I went under floor mat, others go under carpet, come up at seat rail, plugged into the jump seat usb. Works with console up or down just fine.

With a hardwire you have option to run into headliner console i think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I have a different unit (A VanTrue), but what I did was attach the unit to the left of my rear view mirror and run the wire in through the overhead console, across the headliner (I used a piece of stiff wire to fish it through), down the divers side A pillar to under the dash and tapped the 12V outlet power line under the AC control area. The only real trick is to make certain you route the wire below the airbag stuff in the A pillar as not to interfere with airbag operation.

-K

Sooners89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
This thread is great. Gave me a lot of good ideas, I just purchased my first Ram a few months ago but will definitely be getting the leveling kit since it's not a 4x4 and I have no plans of lifting it.

Only problem currently with my truck is I need a new front chrome bumper as it was in a minor collision. What is the best place to buy factory ram parts from? It's a 2017 tradesman

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This thread is great. Gave me a lot of good ideas, I just purchased my first Ram a few months ago but will definitely be getting the leveling kit since it's not a 4x4 and I have no plans of lifting it.

Only problem currently with my truck is I need a new front chrome bumper as it was in a minor collision. What is the best place to buy factory ram parts from? It's a 2017 tradesman

Welcome aboard! You will find a ton of good info on here. The bad thing about this forum, that I've found, is it makes you spend more money on your truck. I was perfectly fine with my stock setup until I joined this forum. :)

By the way... what part of OK are you in? There are a few of us Okies on here.

Sooners89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Welcome aboard! You will find a ton of good info on here. The bad thing about this forum, that I've found, is it makes you spend more money on your truck. I was perfectly fine with my stock setup until I joined this forum. :)

By the way... what part of OK are you in? There are a few of us Okies on here.

Ha! That's kind of what I was thinking as I was going through here.

I am in the Piedmont/OKC area currently. I had sold my silverado because I was working for an energy company and had a company truck F150 then was let go.. so I had to get a truck quick lol. What about yourself?

Thanks for the welcome btw!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha! That's kind of what I was thinking as I was going through here.

I am in the Piedmont/OKC area currently. I had sold my silverado because I was working for an energy company and had a company truck F150 then was let go.. so I had to get a truck quick lol. What about yourself?

Thanks for the welcome btw!

I'm up in the Tulsa area... Owasso.

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally get to contribute to this thread after using a whole lot of the mods listed in it!! I picked up a Homelink module off of eBay for $68 and installed it today!! Programmed it in just a couple minutes and it works great!! I also tossed LED's in the dome lights while I had it down.

homelink.jpg

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally installed my reverse led pods. Driver side is black housing and chrome reflectors cups and passenger side is all black. Not a bad output difference between the two. Just tapped into my reverse light for now. Eventually when I have my time, they'll be my ******* lights on a spdt switch
da9478833e1e6757c7861e5ff983ef2a.jpg
2b86dbdc3e77fd64a8084167580b05c6.jpgI was trying to go for sneaky lights. Chrome looks weird on a blacked-out truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ebay, seems like good quality. Thicker than i expected

Screenshot_20180113-060605.jpg