Beware purchasing from DIODE DYNAMICS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jandr020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I usually don't write reviews for anything, and I probably should because they can be helpful when hesitant about making purchases. My experience with Diode Dynamics has changed that and I think it's worth mentioning to anyone interested in potentially purchasing products from them.

I ordered a set of 4 Cool White Footwell LEDS for my truck. The lights arrived somewhat quickly, the packaging was average. I unpacked the LED strips and started taking the dashboard on my truck apart to get them wired. I wired everything up, spliced wires, etc. Now to mount the LED strips, but before I did that I figured I should test them first to make sure that they work and to make sure that I wired everything right, I plugged one in and it lit up red. Tried the other three and the same results, red. I am pretty frustrated at this point because I have to go to work the next day and my truck interior is in pieces but I understand that mistakes happen.
The truck dash isn't the hardest thing in the world to take apart but it's also not something you want to have to do over and over again. I went inside and immediately called Diode Dynamics. It's a Sunday so they are of course closed. I sent them an email telling them what happened and that my hope is that they will send me new LEDS first thing Monday morning when they get in with expedited shipping at the very least given that my truck interior is not together and the quicker i get the lights the quicker i can get it back together.

I called first thing Monday morning around 9:15 am with no answer. I finally received an email from them at 1:00pm saying that they will start the RMA process for me. They stated that they would not be doing any type of quick shipping and that it would be standard shipping but if I wanted faster shipping I could of course pay for it. I told them I would not be paying for shipping when I wasn't that one that made the mistake of sending the wrong product and if my only choice was for them to send them to me standard then to go ahead and do that. I also told them to please give me a tracking number so I could at least know when to expect the right LEDS. Its Tuesday morning now and the LEDS still haven't been shipped nor have i received any type of tracking number.

As i said before, i understand that mistakes happen but when you run a business you should try your hardest to make them right when they do happen. They declined any responsibility of getting the LEDS i ordered out to me in a timely fashion and they made it a point to express that i would have to ship the other LED strips back to them. I am by no means trying to get something for free but not only do i have to leave my truck interior in pieces until the right lights arrive but i have to go out of my way to go to the post office to send the wrong lights back to them, These are cheap LEDS, not some expensive T.V. The way i see it, you made a mistake, and spending a few dollars on quicker shipping then "standard" would have kept me as a customer. I searched the internet this morning and found similar reviews to the one i am writing now. The mistake i made should of been doing that in the first place before i purchased products from this company. Lesson learned.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quite a first post.

I guess from their side you are saying that it's their mistake and that they sent the wrong ones. But without having the product in hand they can't tell what the mistake was, whether via packaging or mislabeled or whatever. Most companies don't just ship out replacement product until they have the old ones back.

I can understand your frustration, but your truck being apart isn't their fault, you could have tested them before you tore your interior apart. Just saying.

Also IIRC their standard shipping is 2 day priority, that seems plenty quick for the circumstances. I know a lot of people that have used Diode with very little issue.

Suck that you're having problems, hope it gets resolved.

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a terrible experience with them. One thing I do with LEDs is always check them as soon as they come in. I hook them up to my drill battery and make sure everything is the way it should be. It just makes everything easier.

I only have good things to say about their service. I've bought LEDs for 4 vehicles from them, usually working with Nick. I've had a fog light stop working on me after a year and a half, they've sent me the wrong bulbs, and I've had a switchback that when locking and unlocking flashed amber instead of white. They've taken care of me each time.

Their RMA process usually takes an hour or two when done through email, but then they send out the new LED(s) lickity split. I usually would get the package in around 3 days time. They send me an email with tracking before they ship it out and when I get the package, they include a return label to send back the defective product so that I didn't have to pay for shipping. Then a couple days later, they send you an email with with a 10% discount.

Really sorry to hear about this though. Hopefully everything gets resolved

OP
OP
J

jandr020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bestthaticoulddo- I am a member on a different ram forum, I just wanted to share my experiences on this forum as well.

I am by no means trying to bash this company, I didn't say that they suck or that they are bad, nothing like that. I simply wanted to share my experiences and the facts of what took place when i ordered a product from them. What you do with the information is by all means up to you.

Bestthaticoulddo, your absolutely right, my truck being apart is not their fault but i wouldn't have taken it apart if i wasn't planning on installing the LEDS i ordered from them. When you order something from a company you have an expectation that its going to be correct and what you ordered. My mistake was believing that and not testing them before i took the dash apart.

Being a business owner myself one of the most important values i have is customer service. If a mistake is made I am going to try to do everything i can to make it right. Believe me i make them all the time so i understand mistakes. The only person that is getting penalized for this mistake that i didn't make is me though. I have to drive 15-20 minutes to the post office and stand in line to ship back the wrong LEDS. Sure that's not a big deal but its time out of my day and something i have to make time to do. I also have not put my dash back together and wont be until the new LEDS come in so i wont be driving my truck either. Ill take the blame for taking the dash apart before checking the lights though.... The only thing they have to do is send out a new set of lights and when they receive the ones back from me that have already been plugged in, will turn around and resell brand new to someone else.

At the end of the day considering the circumstances i don't believe that it was too much to ask to get the right LEDS to me quickly. Regardless if you think overnight shipping or something other then "standard" shipping was too much to ask they could have at-least been shipped yesterday considering it was brought to their attention first thing Monday morning.

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bestthaticoulddo- I am a member on a different ram forum, I just wanted to share my experiences on this forum as well.

I am by no means trying to bash this company, I didn't say that they suck or that they are bad, nothing like that. I simply wanted to share my experiences and the facts of what took place when i ordered a product from them. What you do with the information is by all means up to you.

Bestthaticoulddo, your absolutely right, my truck being apart is not their fault but i wouldn't have taken it apart if i wasn't planning on installing the LEDS i ordered from them. When you order something from a company you have an expectation that its going to be correct and what you ordered. My mistake was believing that and not testing them before i took the dash apart.

Being a business owner myself one of the most important values i have is customer service. If a mistake is made I am going to try to do everything i can to make it right. Believe me i make them all the time so i understand mistakes. The only person that is getting penalized for this mistake that i didn't make is me though. I have to drive 15-20 minutes to the post office and stand in line to ship back the wrong LEDS. Sure that's not a big deal but its time out of my day and something i have to make time to do. I also have not put my dash back together and wont be until the new LEDS come in so i wont be driving my truck either. Ill take the blame for taking the dash apart before checking the lights though.... The only thing they have to do is send out a new set of lights and when they receive the ones back from me that have already been plugged in, will turn around and resell brand new to someone else.

At the end of the day considering the circumstances i don't believe that it was too much to ask to get the right LEDS to me quickly. Regardless if you think overnight shipping or something other then "standard" shipping was too much to ask they could have at-least been shipped yesterday considering it was brought to their attention first thing Monday morning.

OP, don't take this as criticism.

You nailed a solid point; which should be the takeaway everybody gets out of this thread. You should have tested them directly off the battery before tearing your truck apart.

To all: Inspect and test your parts BEFORE you do anything to your vehicle, especially electronics.

When somebody says: "XYZ wasted my time with their mistake! (insert random rant about how important your time is here)" and nothing else... That isn't doing yourself any favors in the future *when* this happens again.

Don't assume that XYZ packed up the right part. Or assume that the part isn't DOA. Assuming things is... well... yeah, we all know what assumptions lead to. I've seen guys install WRONG camshafts, wrong pistons, ect. If you're not capable of testing or effectively inspecting/verifying your part(s) - you probably shouldn't be installing them.

DD is a pretty legit company, I'm sure if mistakes like this consistently happen they'll take corrective action to resolve the underlying problem.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black 2014 1500 Sport CC 4x4 / 8 speed / 3.92 LSD / Air suspension / Ram Box / Sport Premium Group / Retro Shop HID's / Weathertech

//small hijack// 3.92 on an 8 spd, nice! I have the 3.21. Just not sure it's worth the cost to upgrade.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
ordered various bulbs from them. it was fine for the backwrd, it was fine for cargo light. But, license plate are lighting but computer says it not. Also bought a switchback for the headlight& The most terrible nightmare, not working properly, as white DRL couldn't be activated as DRL is using turn signal, but they says that there should be a separate wire...upset actually

OP
OP
J

jandr020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
GP4L, no criticism taken whatsoever. As i said before, for those who might be purchasing products from this company in the future, this is the review of the facts that took place when i ordered LEDS from them, nothing more nothing less. Some might find it useful information and others might not.

I think you missed the point of me mentioning that i will have to take time out of my day to go to the post office and ship the wrong LEDS back to them. I am simply explaining what will have to be done to complete this entire hassle of a process. Once again, I mentioned this because if you purchase products from them this might be something you are faced with when you receive the wrong product.

I am more the capable of testing LEDS, and as you said, the "solid point" here is test things before installing them, and that's the mistake I made. I would say this though, if you can't read a sale order and pack the right product then you shouldn't be selling them.

I know nothing about the company, I do know that i should of done my homework and read reviews online about them first because i read quite a few with the same issue as the one ive described. So yes, hopefully in the future if it continues they will take corrective action.

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hear so far I'm three for three with them all working (except license plate fail as posted above) but all in all proper parts shipped quickly.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You are aware Monday was a national holiday and that no mail was put out that day.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Things like this happen allot. As for you going to the post office if they give you a return slip. You can just mail it from home. If
You would of bought it from a store, you would have to drive back there and wait in line to take it back.

OP
OP
J

jandr020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You do realize that UPS and FedEx don't observe Columbus Day, meaning they were in fact open.

That's a good idea, maybe I will mail it from home.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It happens - two day standard is already pretty quick. You would be lucky to get even two day as an upgrade from another company. Do you expect them to overnight it? I understand your frustration.. but it happens... be a bit reasonable. I would understand if it took over a week, but it's been two days. And USPS is closed on Columbus Day. Post Office Holidays

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At the end of the day getting **** reliably or done right is harder and harder to do. I absolutely love how everyone says " Check them first" Proof that we obviously can't expect **** to be done right the first time. But it's the truth. I always check ****, to many times it's been Wrong.But that is the world we live in. Luckily for most of you you guys get standard 2 day shipping quick, I am lucky if I can get over night in 2 days lol

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
GP4L, no criticism taken whatsoever. As i said before, for those who might be purchasing products from this company in the future, this is the review of the facts that took place when i ordered LEDS from them, nothing more nothing less. Some might find it useful information and others might not.

I think you missed the point of me mentioning that i will have to take time out of my day to go to the post office and ship the wrong LEDS back to them. I am simply explaining what will have to be done to complete this entire hassle of a process. Once again, I mentioned this because if you purchase products from them this might be something you are faced with when you receive the wrong product.

I am more the capable of testing LEDS, and as you said, the "solid point" here is test things before installing them, and that's the mistake I made. I would say this though, if you can't read a sale order and pack the right product then you shouldn't be selling them.

I know nothing about the company, I do know that i should of done my homework and read reviews online about them first because i read quite a few with the same issue as the one ive described. So yes, hopefully in the future if it continues they will take corrective action.

I didn't miss your point about going to the post office. I didn't sympathize with it. That's just my opinion though, don't take it personally.

The part I will sympathize with is what I put in bold. You are right on with that. But like I said, DD is pretty legit and popular. I'm sure they're not complacent with situation like this occurring frequently.

OP
OP
J

jandr020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/imp_exp/operation.html

As I said UPS and fedex were open.

I didn't take anything personally, nor did I post the review for people to sympathize my situation. Once again I posted my review of this company to let anyone know that might be considering purchasing an item from them that this is what I delt with and this is what might happen to you, why else do people post reviews. My review wasn't posted to have people tell me it's not that big of a deal, that's what you believe but you aren't the one dealing with it either. We have ALL been in that situation as a customer believing that the customer service was poor and that we should have deserved a little bit more. I don't want anything for free, and I didn't ask for it either, Just a guarantee that the RIGHT product would get shipped to me in a timely fashion.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/imp_exp/operation.html

As I said UPS and fedex were open.

So what? If it was Christmas day would you want them to hire a private courier?

Everybody gets it, they screwed up and you were put out. That is life and you roll with it. Sounds like they will eventually make it right, just have some patience.

OP
OP
J

jandr020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No because Christmas is a day that they observe and they are closed...

And that's good that everyone gets it, that's the entire point in posting reviews. If a company does something right like send the right product for example you will give a good review. If they don't the review will reflect that as mine did. Are you saying that no one should post reviews of situations that take place when ordering a product? Life is going on as normal friend. It's a simple review, let's not make it into something it's not.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
............ It's a simple review, let's not make it into something it's not.

No it is not a simple review, your first post and only reason was to *****. Prior to that, you never availed yourself to join in discussion or thought to be part of this board. So do not be surprised that people treat you with suspect and suspicion.

Last edited:

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I absolutely love how everyone says " Check them first" Proof that we obviously can't expect **** to be done right the first time.l

Agree.

Seems "gone are the days" when you purchase a product and expecting the exact product you ordered to be the correct product when you receive it.

That's just crazy talk lol

I understand the "**** happens" and the "people make mistakes"...it just seems the "**** happenings" are occurring more frequently lately.

I've actually been very fortunate when ordering stuff online and getting the correct products.

Carry on.